cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Effective March 17, Legacy customer will no longer be able to use the call centre

@mimmo you are missing my main point.

I understand that PM has been going away from call centers and it is in order to save money. It is disappointing that they are doing so and to such extremes while they are spending lots of money on advertising.

The majority of customers I believe value customer service over advertising. I have referred somebody to Public Mobile and the fact that there was not anybody to really directly talk to for support directly from the company has been his only complaint. Yes, I could help them or they could use the community or the moderators but for them it is not the same.

I am not adjust them saving money. To my point if they want to save money on call centers they are not going to get rid of all of their call centers for Telus and Koodo, Public Mobile’s sister and parent companies. They can use the infrastructure and just invest a little of all that advertising money on training them to be cross company knowledgeable for Telus, Koodo and Public Mobile. All three to save money all use the same network infrastructure why not in call centers. They could also sell SIMs at Koodo and Telus store locations.

Legacy customers having options to some lower price plans and rewards does not necessary make up for the loss of the call centers for those customers, especially if they are not computer literate to switch plans or monitor rewards on their own.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Effective March 17, Legacy customer will no longer be able to use the call centre

@stonechucker How do you want me to prove it? Photos of my last trip with 2 friends that are guatemala Telus mobility call center agents? I have those photos. I also have a story of how I met them over the phone and then went down there on vacation. Almost everything is super cheap there and Telus has a huge building downtown. We dropped off a friend at work for his call centre shift and there's actually metal detectors and security guards at the front. Strange to see when you're used to Canadian life. Oh and here's the google map address. Put in Telus international Guatemala and you can look at the call center yourself. If you look at the google photos, a lot of the pictures are just employees taking pictures from their cubicles.

18 Calle 25-86 Zona 10 Torre Pradera, Pan-American Highway, Guatemala

Koodo is in Santa Tecla, just outside of Salvador City, but it's still under Telus international. And yes I do plan on road tripping there next time. Type into google maps, Telus International El Salvador and have a look at the call centre building. I dont know what more proof you need because you can clearly see central american employees hanging around the Telus campus.

Calle Chiltiupan y, 17 Av. Nte., Santa Tecla, El Salvador

It's really easy to figure out where these agents are from. All you have to do is ask and sometimes you even make a new friend. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

To be honest, I didn't even know these were available as options

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

But who will help us with problems,I never use before my account on line,forget my password,cannot get in ,who will help me to get to my account,you obligated people to switch to other providers,they help me to do community account and that so,how to recuperated  my account only with my phone number,it’s impossible my n.is 4********0,please help me with that

Edited by ShawnC: removed phone number

Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13  phone number to hide...

@Hbarbarah13 Don't worry the moderator will help you with that. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain your problem. They will answer you in few hours to 2 days. Be patient.

Mayor / Maire

@Hbarbarah13 here it's a public forum. It's better to not post personal info. You can change that click on the 3 dots right up in your message.

You have made several excellent points here, i am glad i took the time to read your entire post. Thank you

Highlighted

I don't mind I haven't had trouble getting answers within the community this far!

Love to see Public Mobile and Telus rewarding legacy customers, first they jacked up the rates saying it was due to the call centre then they abandon that but I guarantee the plans price hasn't gone down the amount they've raised it.

At least now when a better deal comes by I wont be loyal to Public who obviously doesnt care about its clients.

Further to this the call centre is the same as koodo so it's not like it was costing so much more to keep it open.

Hey @none12

We do care about all our customers, but we also like to think it's more like a family here. I can tell that you're a bit frustrated, but I hope that our future offers will be to your liking. Maybe also keep an eye on the website? Regarding the call-centers, they are different (the only thing in common between Public Mobile and Koodo is that both are using the Telus towers, everything else is different)

Thanks, Alex (mod team)