cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer support during COVID-19 situation

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help. 

To have your questions answered as quickly as possible, access support 24/7 via our Help Articles, our chatbot SIMon, or start a conversation in our friendly Community. 

IMPORTANT: So what does this mean if I have an issue right now?

For the time being, we ask that you consider the following pointers about customer support:

• Please reach out to our Moderator team only if your matter is urgent so that we may prioritize critical cases first while support is run with fewer team members. 
  • The best way to submit a ticket with support remains with submitting a ticket via our virtual assistant, SIMon, so that our Moderators receive all the pertinent information from the get-go. Only one ticket submission per issue is required.
  • If your matter is not urgent, please use other methods of support until further notice, or consider holding off on the support request until a later point in time 

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time, as we continue to work together through these difficult times. This page will be updated as the situation develops.

-Public Mobile Community Team

220 REPLIES 220

@monikoa wrote:

hello i try to port my number it didnt work because i had porting protection on my old account but now i removed it and they advize me to cancel first porting how can i do if i forgot my email and password i put here ?

It wouldn't help even if you knew your self serve account and password because Public Mobile isn't currenltly allowing customers to start the porting process themselves from within self serve, and also because once there's a an open porting request, you can't make corrections to it yourself. You'll need to go to https://publicmoible.ca.ada.support/chat and then type in "port request".

@monikoa  Did you use the same email as your community account?

monikoa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello i try to port my number it didnt work because i had porting protection on my old account but now i removed it and they advize me to cancel first porting how can i do if i forgot my email and password i put here ?

I also rec a very speedy reply which is quite amazing considering how poor Koodo support is at this time (and they are same reps right?)

Bobo75
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good to know 

9iFonzn7iPadz

There is none!!!

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@JL1 wrote:

will you be doing something like this?

https://mobilesyrup.co m/2020/04/27/telus-koodo-two-months-free-wireless-service-health-workers/

Have not heard of any offers like that from PM for health workers.

Here is something on the announcement page from PM:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATED-Public-Mobile-response-to-COVID...

Also 1 GB of data is half price at $15 right now as an add on.

PsyJade

Thanks for this update. I love the community support. I was having an issue this weekend and got answers right away. It far exceeded my expectations. 

Shamus85

Thank You for staying open during these trying times.  God Bless Everyone!!😍 and stay safe!!!

@Naepalm wrote:

@Alan_K 

looking at what trudeau said today. Thinking this is probably going to go on until August or September. Is public looking into other ways to support customers maybe reaching out to the mother ship Telus...lol

Any carrier is always talking about new ways of doing things and to provide service to customers, especially during these times. Stay tuned. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk 

Yup. Lazy and didn't see the value. Not anti-vax. Not about the money. Just ...

I have also been lucky with what seems to be pretty good health. I rarely go to the doctor. On those ocassions there has never been any mention of a flu shot.

But that's my intention this time. And no I'm not expecting to receive a CoViD shot. Just the others. Unless of course one does become available. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

So  the anti-vaxxers should reconsider. And we shouldn't expect freedom for some time yet. 

That term is generally reserved for those that oppose vaccinating their kids for all the usual diseases. I certainly disagree with them on that.

True but no doubt the parents are anti-vaxxers too. Nevertheless when any one specific group for what ever reason does not get vaccinated it will impact on everyone they are in contact with. 

For me, I had never bothered to get any flu shots as an adult. But now, after all this, I think I'll be first in line when they come up in the fall. As for CoViD, well we'll have to see how that comes out in the wash. If and when they make a vaccine then I presume they would add it to the flu shot cocktail.

Unfortunately some are lazy and/or can't see the value of the Flu Vaccination. Or simply won't pay for it. I have lived all my live except 5 years in BC and for some reason, I don't know how he got away with it, our Doctor gave them to us free when we were under 65. And I can tell you we have never been sick in the fall. We then moved to Calgary and had a doctor there and since our family was still here we still went to our BC doctor and he continued to give us free Flu Vaccinations. At one time he asked if our doctor (that he knew) gave us vaccinations in Calgary. Our response was no. His response was oh!! now I see why Alberta stats are so high. A few years ago the Alberta government saw the need and people were lined up for blocks. 

Just go get one....every year. 😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

So  the anti-vaxxers should reconsider. And we shouldn't expect freedom for some time yet. 

That term is generally reserved for those that oppose vaccinating their kids for all the usual diseases. I certainly disagree with them on that.

For me, I had never bothered to get any flu shots as an adult. Not 'cause I'm "anti-vax". But now, after all this, I think I'll be first in line when they come up in the fall. As for CoViD, well we'll have to see how that comes out in the wash. If and when they make a vaccine then I presume they would add it to the flu shot cocktail.

@Naepalm wrote:

@LurganIeUk do you mean anti-vaxx for the flu vaccine? 

Yes and also when the Covid-19 one arrives too. 

@LurganIeUk do you mean anti-vaxx for the flu vaccine? 

At this point the government and science doesnt know what to do, because its so new. Wear masks dont wear masks, not transferrable from animals, is transferrable, not air born is air born, dont go outside maybe go out side...LMAO 

@Naepalm wrote:

@Alan_K 

looking at what trudeau said today. Thinking this is probably going to go on until August or September. Is public looking into other ways to support customers maybe reaching out to the mother ship Telus...lol

That is the FIRST wave of Covid. He is NOT going to tell us the full story all at once!!

The second wave in the FALL will be compounded/disguised with the regular influenza season. So  the anti-vaxxers should reconsider. And we shouldn't expect freedom for some time yet. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K 

@conniemay14 wrote:

I ordered a SIM card several weeks ago, then received an email saying it was shipped and then never received it.  I have tried to submit a ticket with no success.  Please advise me

@conniemay14  Try submitting a ticket again. Please include your order# so that the Moderator Team will be able to investigate and resolve your issue.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@conniemay14 wrote:

I ordered a SIM card several weeks ago, then received an email saying it was shipped and then never received it.  I have tried to submit a ticket with no success.  Please advise me

How long ago did you open a ticket? If it was mutiple days ago, you'll need to submit another. Submitting a ticket is the only way to get Public Mobile to ship another sim card or to provided a refund.

conniemay14

@Josh4 wrote:

What do I do if my public mobile voucher pin isn’t working

@Josh4  Sometimes you need to wait for the voucher to become active in the system before you can use it. Are you trying to activate your sim card? If yes, just wait an hour and try again.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Josh4 Try clearing your cache/cookies or going into Intigonto mode. You can also try paying it by dialing 611. Try that. it sometimes also takes 24 Hours for the voucher to activate after purchase 

@Josh4 wrote:

Sometimes it takes up to 24 hours for the voucher to become active. When did you purchase it? Are you adding the voucher by self service or dialing 611.

If you are using self service make sure you clear your history/cache and then open a new browser in incognito/private mode.

Josh4

@3063517252 wrote:

I need emergency help on my phone line. My phone is not working says NOT REGISTERED ON NETWORK.

Please tell me what do I do.

@3063517252  If your sim was working previously in your phone take it out and test it in another phone. If it works then you know its a phone issue. If the sim doesnt work you can message the mods and see if they can reprovision it but you may have to buy a new one.

If it's your phone it could be the sim is a little loose in the tray. You can try to fashion a shim with a little paper or a bit of tape to get it to sit snugly in the tray and stay in contact with the phone. Or you could have a loose connection. You would have to decide if its worth fixing....or is it still under warranty? If you dropped it or clipped it recently that could have caused the damage.

Phone brand and model? Age?

@3063517252 wrote:

I need emergency help on my phone line. My phone is not working says NOT REGISTERED ON NETWORK.

First off start a new thread is a good idea. 

If you just got your phone here is how to get started. 

To unlock your phone from a previous provider, you will need to contact them. As of December 1, 2017, device unlocking fees are $0.

• If you’ve been referred, make sure you input your friend’s Public Mobile unique referral code in order for your friend to be eligible for the Refer a Friend Reward. You will not be able to add a referral code after activation.
  • If you activate online, you will automatically create a Self-Serve account. Self-Serve is your one stop shop for everything Public Mobile, including making payments, checking usage, changing personal information, or updating your plan.
  • If you activate at one of our retail partners, you will need to create a Self-Serve account.
  • After creating your username (which must be an email address), password, security question, and PIN, you should keep this information in a safe place in case you forget.
    • You will need your email address and password to sign in to your Self-Serve account.
    • Your PIN will be used when interacting with our Moderator Team for account support and when calling *611, which allows you to make basic account changes.
    • Your security question will be used to validate your identity when making account changes.

To test whether your phone i’s compatibility with our network and not marked as lost or stolen, click here.Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

Please note that this information is indicative only. Your phone's compatibility with our 4G or 4G LTE networks is based on the radio frequencies of your phone. Public Mobile does not guarantee that your phone will work on our mobile network.

@3063517252 if its an IPhone try using this method to push through the changes and to confirm and reset the SIM sync to iTunes
1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.

Mimi33
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are you new to Public Mobile?  Did you just insert a new SIM card?

Need Help? Let's chat.