cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer support during COVID-19 situation

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help. 

To have your questions answered as quickly as possible, access support 24/7 via our Help Articles, our chatbot SIMon, or start a conversation in our friendly Community. 

IMPORTANT: So what does this mean if I have an issue right now?

For the time being, we ask that you consider the following pointers about customer support:

• Please reach out to our Moderator team only if your matter is urgent so that we may prioritize critical cases first while support is run with fewer team members. 
  • The best way to submit a ticket with support remains with submitting a ticket via our virtual assistant, SIMon, so that our Moderators receive all the pertinent information from the get-go. Only one ticket submission per issue is required.
  • If your matter is not urgent, please use other methods of support until further notice, or consider holding off on the support request until a later point in time 

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time, as we continue to work together through these difficult times. This page will be updated as the situation develops.

-Public Mobile Community Team

220 REPLIES 220

Sarabear
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for all the work and extra measures during this uncertain time!!

Leethalgent
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can you explain what you tried and what seems to be happening how old is the account any thing over 90 days inactive gets as I call it deleted . More detail makes it easier to help. 

@BradM604  Public mobile really cares about it's customers and came up with away to help out users in the US stay in contact as they have made their way home or are stuck self isolating  or other wise can't make it home to Canada.

Camping! As much as I've said I would like to do some winter camping.....or west coast winter camping I've never attempted it . But then I thought about it and surmised that you were probably camping with an RV and not a tent.....a bit of a difference between the two. But if you are using a tent and a campfire then you are braver than me!

BradM604

Was really impressed with Public Mobile refunding my US Talk Text fee due to the COVID-19.  We were camping in Washington when we received a text from a friend back home telling us about the virus spreading and we should get back home as soon as possible.  Many texts and calls made having the US Talk Text so worth it!  Then PM announces anyone that was caught in the US and trying to get home would have their US Talk Text refunded and sure enough they did!  How awesome is that?!?!?!

Thanks PM!

garrya42

Hi I'm unable to activate my account. Please help me in it. 

Christopher_M
Customer Support Agent

Hi there!

If you quick assistance, don't forget that the Community is there to help!

If you have any inquiries regarding your account, please send a private message to the moderator team. You can use this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437.

Have a nice day and stay safe!

garrya42

Hi there. I'm unable to recharge my number. My public mobile number is **********. Kindly help me in it as soon as possible. Thanks. 

Leethalgent

I would like thank west jet and there amazing staff for the hard work  they have taken ,above an beyond to get trapped canadian fokes home from places abroad.  Thank you Westjet YOU GUY ROCK 

Leethalgent

Id's very rear to have all of this free time . So have turned to my community asked what can I do to help , and what is a big need . 

Lots of people are alone and don't have anyone , these are people that are in need, a hello and a conversation of what is happening that is good . That's come of all the slow down . The big one is how everyone is treating each other, smiles fresh air and sounds that we have not heard in a long time . Different birds sounds. It really has made me think , have we been going to fast and so fast that we have forgot what life is really about . Three months ago people where saying how no stop to help anymore and who do you trust anymore! 

I see this all changing we maybe getting something so lost back , I feel it's ok to slow down,  we are not the rabbit and it's ok to be the turtle ! Talk to each other and listen to one another . Thanks that sound travails.  From a distance  ! We should not feel lonely . Oh and the dog are having all the fun now lol. Be safe everyone together we will get through . A wave a smile and hello is truly magical

Gbenjamin38

My plan has been done for a few days now I have no time on my phone so u able to use it 

@BearFBI wrote:

Does anybody know if Walmart's Kiosks are open for public mobile?

I would hope that they would be closed. The Walmart will be open to sell household supplies, pharmacy items, and groceries, but right now, I would say it would be irresponsible of the retailer to open a section of the store that you would have to stand in front of the same person for 10 to 15 minutes to activate a cell phone service. Even on a good day, I see very little advantage to activating in-store, except for the possible free sim card card that a store might offer during activation. Your question would be best asked of the store you wish to visit.

@Gbenjamin38 wrote:

I will go shoppers tomorrow 

@Gbenjamin38  Today would be better your plan renews tonight at 11:59pm et.

Gbenjamin38

I will go shoppers tomorrow 

@Gbenjamin38 wrote:

I did not activate online I went into a cell store and they activated the sim 

@Gbenjamin38  Do you have a shell station, London drugs or a shoppers drug mart near you? If so you can purchase a voucher and add it thru 611.

Rmparker

Well that's not very helpful or supportive. Especially in a situation like this where I'm out of country due to covid you would think Telus could initiate turning on service considering it's the same company. Telus phones work here for 12 per day$

kimmycooper

Check to see if you can do that Online. You can choose auto pay I believe

Rmparker

Thanks but I don't see that option at all on the site.

Gbenjamin38

This is the first time I have to renew plan and the store is closed due to the coronavirus.. grr 

Gbenjamin38

I did not activate online I went into a cell store and they activated the sim 

Gbenjamin38

It is saying they sent me a text message to activate my self serve registration but I am not receiving the text message with the verification #

Gbenjamin38

Feb 24th is when I signed up for public mobile 

@Gbenjamin38 wrote:

I have never registered for a account I am trying to register and at the part where they verify by sending a sms I am not receiving that sms 

If you activated online you have already created your account. Use the log in section.

Gbenjamin38

I did not register with credit card I just signed up at a store and they did it all I paid cash 

@Gbenjamin38  You have put the sim card in your phone and rebooted it? Checked your credit card to make sure they have taken your payment? Have you gotten a welcome email from public mobile?

@Gbenjamin38  Are you using Firefox or chrome? Go to the three dots top right corner of your browser. Click on it and choose secret or incognito mode. It gives you a private tab the works much better for account access and activations.

Gbenjamin38

I have never registered for a account I am trying to register and at the part where they verify by sending a sms I am not receiving that sms 

Gbenjamin38

What is private/incognito mean 

Gbenjamin38

It’s not sending me the verification sms I have done all that 

Need Help? Let's chat.