Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Courier Delays

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

Due to current COVID-19 measures and high shipping volumes, delivery times are expected to be longer than usual. 

For customers looking to purchase SIM cards, please plan accordingly and allow enough time for shipping in the case of delays.

We appreciate your patience very much! 

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here

- The Public Mobile Team

49 REPLIES 49

@MoreYummy wrote:

pick up is faster.

I really believe that members (and Public Mobile) should be discouraging this. People don't need to be going to a store to get a SIM card. I would thank customers for patience and that ordered SIM cards will eventually arrive.

pick up is faster.

Also, CCS appears to offer local pickup in Toronto, Mississauga, Winnipeg and Calgary:

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/latest-products/products/public-sim-card

If there are any folks here in the lower mainland of BC that are new to Public Mobile, PRIVATE MESSAGE me as I have a small supply available. 

tdfiles21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same with my order ... much more then 5-7 business days ... 

@tdfiles21 wrote:

I ordered my SIM card Jan 18 and still have not received it ... could you trace it please... 

Do to current shipping volumes, I do not believe any shipping company is going to initiate a tracing procedure. Also, Public Mobile often sends by Canada Post lettermail which isn't trackable. Even if Public Mobile sent a shipment with a tracking number, it would be much easier, simpler, and quicker for Public Mobile to send a replacement shipment then to try find the original.  Unfortunately, 12 days these days usually is not nearly enough time for something to arrive these days.  I'm waiting for packages that are sent by a shipping service that is normally next day delivery and those haven't arrive even arrive in that amount of time (not from Public Mobile, but Canada Post has had the packages already based on tracking). 

tdfiles21

I ordered my SIM card Jan 18 and still have not received it ... could you trace it please... 

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for letting us know!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It generally takes two to three weeks for delivery.  If you need a sim, you may want to purchase one from a retailer.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

Sabrina05

Order xxxxxx

Name: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Email: xxxxxxxxxx

I still did not receive my parcel of a tripele punch card

edited by computergeek541: customer's information removed

zahranikbakht

I have been waiting for two weeks now and haven't received the SIM card yet..Sent several tickets to the mod team to track my order but no response. I don't even know if the shipment is delayed or the package got lost somewhere.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for the info. I think you should make this message more prominent on the checkout page, right now it can be easily glossed over by some people (imo). Maybe also add it to pages along the way? 🤔 

XionBunny

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Catherine_T wrote:

Hey Community,

Due to current COVID-19 measures and high shipping volumes, delivery times are expected to be longer than usual. 

For customers looking to purchase SIM cards, please plan accordingly and allow enough time for shipping in the case of delays.

- The Public Mobile Team

Everyone, as Public Mobile sends out of Mississauga, expect major, major delays. I've read that Canada Post has been diverting some of the volume of shipments to other sorting facilities when possible, but I believe that the one in Mississauga near Dixie and Eglington is the largest in the country and is experiencing a serious COVID-19 situation. 

It currently is yes, and there has one fatality possibly linked to it the news has reported, so there will be long delays, I know my mail has been backlogged personally.

@Catherine_T wrote:

Hey Community,

- The Public Mobile Team

Everyone, as Public Mobile sends out of Mississauga, expect major, major delays. I've read that Canada Post has been diverting some of the volume of shipments to other sorting facilities when possible, but I believe that the one in Mississauga near Dixie and Eglington is the largest in the country and is experiencing a serious COVID-19 situation. 

@hTideGnow wrote:

are you still sending out via Canada Post ?  Any tracking?

From what I've seen, read, and been told by others, many shipments are sent by Canada Post as a standard letter. This means no tracking for these shipments. Public Mobile uses to almost always exclusively use Canada Post Xpresspost but that has no longer been the case for more than a year now.  I do know that some shipments have went out by UPS. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

are you still sending out via Canada Post ?  Any tracking?

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Absolutely logical and understandable!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T wrote:

Hey Community,

- The Public Mobile Team

@Bonbu....

sounds like your not the only one experiencing delayed shipping.

fdrcamb519

@Catherine_T 

Thank you for letting us know.

Need Help? Let's chat.