cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired

Courier Delays

Hey Community,

Due to current COVID-19 measures and high shipping volumes, delivery times are expected to be longer than usual. 

For customers looking to purchase SIM cards, please plan accordingly and allow enough time for shipping in the case of delays.

We appreciate your patience very much! 

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here

- The Public Mobile Team

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Courier Delays

@Catherine_T 

Thank you for letting us know.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T wrote:

Hey Community,

Due to current COVID-19 measures and high shipping volumes, delivery times are expected to be longer than usual. 

For customers looking to purchase SIM cards, please plan accordingly and allow enough time for shipping in the case of delays.

- The Public Mobile Team

@Bonbu....

sounds like your not the only one experiencing delayed shipping.

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Absolutely logical and understandable!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

are you still sending out via Canada Post ?  Any tracking?

@hTideGnow wrote:

are you still sending out via Canada Post ?  Any tracking?

From what I've seen, read, and been told by others, many shipments are sent by Canada Post as a standard letter. This means no tracking for these shipments. Public Mobile uses to almost always exclusively use Canada Post Xpresspost but that has no longer been the case for more than a year now.  I do know that some shipments have went out by UPS. 

@Catherine_T wrote:

Hey Community,

- The Public Mobile Team

Everyone, as Public Mobile sends out of Mississauga, expect major, major delays. I've read that Canada Post has been diverting some of the volume of shipments to other sorting facilities when possible, but I believe that the one in Mississauga near Dixie and Eglington is the largest in the country and is experiencing a serious COVID-19 situation. 

XionBunny

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Catherine_T wrote:

Hey Community,

- The Public Mobile Team

Everyone, as Public Mobile sends out of Mississauga, expect major, major delays. I've read that Canada Post has been diverting some of the volume of shipments to other sorting facilities when possible, but I believe that the one in Mississauga near Dixie and Eglington is the largest in the country and is experiencing a serious COVID-19 situation. 

It currently is yes, and there has one fatality possibly linked to it the news has reported, so there will be long delays, I know my mail has been backlogged personally.

fujiyama

Thanks for the info. I think you should make this message more prominent on the checkout page, right now it can be easily glossed over by some people (imo). Maybe also add it to pages along the way? 🤔 

zahranikbakht
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been waiting for two weeks now and haven't received the SIM card yet..Sent several tickets to the mod team to track my order but no response. I don't even know if the shipment is delayed or the package got lost somewhere.

Need Help? Let's chat.