Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Courier Delays

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

Due to current COVID-19 measures and high shipping volumes, delivery times are expected to be longer than usual. 

For customers looking to purchase SIM cards, please plan accordingly and allow enough time for shipping in the case of delays.

We appreciate your patience very much! 

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here

- The Public Mobile Team

49 REPLIES 49

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

3 weeks is absolutely ridiculous. Ordered stuff from china and UK received faster than that. The covid excuse doesn't cut it anymore. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@J_PM  @CS_Agent    After over 6 months, is Courier still delaying SIM card ordering due to COVID-19?

We still see many posts about not receiving SIM after 2 weeks and it seems like 3 weeks is when they will get the SIM card delivered.  Is it still due to Postal or Courier delay or is 3 weeks a regular time now?   

If 3 weeks is the Expected Delivery time now, can you put it on the ordering page with BOLD LETTERS and warn them about this unreasonable delivery time? 

I feel bad for people who have full intention to join PM but got discouraged with their very first interaction with PM and left for other carriers.

Also, some were trying to catch one of the promotion with a expiry date, by the time they got the SIM card, the promotion was long expired.

@barterb wrote:

The website won't let me log in with the password I have in saved passwords and it won't recognize my email addy to do a reset 

Hi @barterb why did you post on this thread "Courier Delays"?  What did you order from Public Mobile that you have not received yet?  If you ordered sim cards, then the wait time is about 2-3 weeks, or even longer.  

If you ordered a Certified Pre-owned Phone, check for information here.  

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also try clearing your cache and cookies then reboot.

If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@barterb wrote:

The website won't let me log in with the password I have in saved passwords and it won't recognize my email addy to do a reset 

Are you asking about the website for order SIM cards? No account is needed for that and you don't need to log into the Public Mobile website. Also, the login for ordering phones and SIM cards isn't the same as for your self serve account.

If you can't get into your self serve account and the password reset option isn't working, youl'll need to contact the moderators by opening a ticket at:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

barterb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@wendkas wrote:

I personally ordered and payed  my SIM card 2 weeks ago and still haven't receive anything. You cannot blame all of this on COVID-19 . Is it possible to know when I will receive my SIM card?

you can try to open a ticket with the Mod.. but I think they just sent regular mail, they can't really track much or then confirm with you whether it was sent out or not

If you need it urgently, you probably need to look for alternatives, like order from Amazon for Prime delivery or go to a physical kiosk (Walmart/London Drugs/Loblaws).

wendkas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I personally ordered and payed  my SIM card 2 weeks ago and still haven't receive anything. You cannot blame all of this on COVID-19 . Is it possible to know when I will receive my SIM card?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@acan wrote:

Same to me I ordered 15 Jan 2021 and not recived yet 5 Feb 2021 I dont know what to do ...

@acan You pretty much have 2 options. Wait it out or go to a retail outlet and buy one. Depends what is most important to you considering what is going on. 

acan

Same to me I ordered 15 Jan 2021 and not recived yet 5 Feb 2021 I dont know what to do ...

If you need a sim right away, you could purchase one through a local retailer or if you are in the GTA https://canadiancellsupplies.com offers local pickup.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator

Jcurry

I've been waiting for a month for my sim card. 

Makes sense the would just send via Canada Post as a letter, even Xpress doesn't have a guarantee it will be on time. 

I know Barrie Canada Post had a small outbreak before Christmas. Which has slowed everything down if you live north of Toronto. 

@waytomatrix wrote:

I had the option of  both pick up and post and i opted for Post.  Just want to avoid minimal in person contact with outside world.

I think that's as it should be, at least at the moment. I do understand that some people may have lost a SIM card and need an immediate replacement.  There are also cases in which people pay for top up vouchers with cash to keep the service going.  Other than those, I don't see any reason anybody should be going to the store to activate a Public Mobile service or to purchase a SIM card. There will always be a promotion in the future if the SIM card comes later than expected. 

@Anonymous  nice pic.. but we need a face mask for him .. LoL

for PM, i think they should say it clearly that it will be sent via Canada Post regular mail and include this Potential Delay announcement on the actual SIM ordering page. People should know the expected delivery time before they order 

pkeachantu

Understandable, thank you for keeping us updated.  🙂

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

Thank you for the info. Yes, it is very noticeable that delivery of SIM cards is very slow unfortunately. Hope soon it would be faster.

waytomatrix

I had the option of  both pick up and post and i opted for Post.  Just want to avoid minimal in person contact with outside world.

I got SIM at my place within 5 working days which was pretty quick.  Thanks PM

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

@Catherine_T  Given how undependable Canada Post regular mail has become due to Covid, plus the stay at home orders, would a private courier service not make more sense for now?

You mean like this:

scooter.jpg

Look, no face, just like Public Mobile advertising. 🙂 Toronto to Iqaluit would be fun this time of year.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Catherine_T  Given how undependable Canada Post regular mail has become due to Covid, plus the stay at home orders, would a private courier service not make more sense for now?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@ra1ne 

This is a small sample size but something that normally takes one business day took 7 business days (and 2 weekends) o get to me, but it's actually slightly worse than that because while weekends don't count for delivery standards, package do still get processed during that time.

ra1ne

This is true. Canada Post Mississauga (the biggest hub in the country) is experiencing delays due to a covid outbreak (with currently one fatality. More than a third of the workers are on quarantine (either with covid or as a close contact). 

Source: I work for CP in Western Canada

@stevenanto wrote:

Canadapost has to be the worst one out there. It never comes in the time frame that they say. Paying the extra buck for the express shipping doesnt do anything (this is even during normal times) I have gone to a few counters in my area to mail out stuff and they are always so slow. I dont know if others have had the same experience. 

I'm not speaking about this year, but my experiences have always been that Canada Post Xpresspost is almost always on-time.  It's Canada Post Expedited Parcel that usually 1 day late, especially when it's quote as being next day service. As Public Mobile does send some SIM cards by Canada Post lettermail, the express shipping debate doesn't come into play if Public Mobile decides to send the SIM card using that service.

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Canadapost has to be the worst one out there. It never comes in the time frame that they say. Paying the extra buck for the express shipping doesnt do anything (this is even during normal times) I have gone to a few counters in my area to mail out stuff and they are always so slow. I dont know if others have had the same experience. 

@DaveD wrote:

I ordered a simcard on January 15. Haven’t received it yet. Do you have a tracking?

Public Mobile does not always sending using trackable shipping services. They sometimes send SIM cards out using lettermail.  Public also sometimes uses UPS.  To see if your shpment is trackable, you could try going to the Canada Post tracking website and use your order number as the reference number.

DaveD

I ordered a simcard on January 15. Haven’t received it yet. Do you have a tracking?

@PCW wrote:

I got my two SIM cards relatively quickly, in the past week. I live in Ontario and it arrived within 3 business days.

Granted I live in large town, I would say your delivery speed would depend where you live in Canada. PM packaged my SIM cards within 1 business day, so no issues on their end. However, delivery rates can definitely vary when shipped out. So please be patient. 

I can say without reservation that Canada Post has at least a week-long backlog out of Mississagua. I know because I'm waiting for a few things that are late so far by the amount of time. That doesn't mean that something couldn't still arive more quickly (or take longer). 

PCW

I got my two SIM cards relatively quickly, in the past week. I live in Ontario and it arrived within 3 business days.

Granted I live in large town, I would say your delivery speed would depend where you live in Canada. PM packaged my SIM cards within 1 business day, so no issues on their end. However, delivery rates can definitely vary when shipped out. So please be patient. 

wbg13
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for the info.  Maybe flash sales or offers could take this delay into account as well and maybe have longer sales or offer periods.

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just in general the mail is really slow lately I've been waiting over a month for some mail from the government that should have taken 5 to 10 business days. But I got three letters and a package from my mom  all the way from Nova Scotia and they all arrived in less than a week the package was here in 4 days! How is it I can get mail from across the country but I can't cast a letter from the BC government in over a month?

@MoreYummy wrote:

pick up is faster.

In these times or any other...why would you have an expense to pick them up when they will mail them to you? And like I have said.....there are free ones out there, possibly close to you!!! With free delivery too!! Fast....can take a back seat for now!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.