cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Community Updates - May 2020

@Kovaelin, I would think so. Your self-serve account is totally different from the community/email side of things!

Let's be honest here, do you really want the community to know your credit card information, or where you live?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Kovaelin wrote:

Do we still have to juggle between the community site, the account site, and e-mail every time we talk to a mod or is everything still disconnected?

Yes. But to be clearer...email is just notifications. The private messaging is really a part of the community.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic wrote:

Real Bravoes = Bravoes Received - Bravoes Given.

@geopublic by your calculation, I'm at about -19,000 🤣

That said, I've never had a strategy involved.  I give out bravos when I like and/or agree with the majority of a post--NOT in hope of getting any back.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

... The private messaging is really a part of the community.

Yes, that is where the REAL changes need to happen. It is a horrible system.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

Real Bravoes = Bravoes Received - Bravoes Given.

@geopublic by your calculation, I'm at about -19,000 🤣

That said, I've never had a strategy involved.  I give out bravos when I like and/or agree with the majority of a post--NOT in hope of getting any back.

@srlawren  Good for you!! 👍 You are the exception not the rule.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite wrote:

I love experiments. Let's see what happens, eh? 

Experiment! What could go wrong?Experiment! What could go wrong?

@Luddite   Experiments are good as long as they don't involve medieval (or modern) day torture methods! 😊

Nice to hear that retired oracles will finally get recognition as to their former life on this community, that has probably been overdue.   But this announcement also says that retired oracles will "maintain some capabilities" can one of the Retired Oracles explain what those might be, unless, of course, you're all sworn to secrecy...😊

The changes definitely sound interesting.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dabr There are some behind-the-scenes differences, but most members would likely see the abilities among Oracles and Retired Oracles as largely the same.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

good move

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V 

1. By removing the Bravos board, you meant deleting it permanently from the forum and not hiding it from sight. Right?
  2. Its great that Retired oracles are recognized for their previous  efforts. But why the almost Oracle controls?
  3. And what constitutes a macro? Thanks. If I post an answer and keep linking to it. Is this a macro?

Thanks. Stay safe