Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to our Support structure

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

In order to best assist you, we are making some customer support changes in the coming days.

Presently, we support customers through social media, web forms, and the Community. Having multiple support channels has given customers more flexibility but it has also led to longer response times, delays in our service, and confusion for our customers.

In order to continuously deliver the best possible customer experience, we are simplifying how you can reach out to one single place: our Community. It’s easy - plus, you’ll never have to wonder if you should Facebook message us and post on our Community. On our end, it will streamline all your questions and make it easier to get back to you.

Here’s how this breaks down:

Today

July 13th

Support Channels:

• Social Media: Facebook, Twitter
  • Web Forms
  • Community

Support Channels:

• Community

Part of making this work is also changing how you connect with our Moderators. In the past, every moderator has had their own account to help you. In our new support model, all the Moderators will share one account so you get help as soon as any Moderator is available to help - first come, first served!

Finally, since the Community will now be the only way to get in touch with our support team, we will be disabling our web form queues and direct messages via social media.

We are really excited for this change because we know it will get you help and answers faster than before.

FAQ:

I’m used to sending web forms for support. Why have you changed this?

Great question! A couple of reasons why we decided to make the change:

• Very few customers were using web forms
  • Most of the web form questions we received were general inquiries; with answers that can be found in our Community.

And yet, we still had to have a team checking web forms, taking time away from the Community (where most of our customers are)! By streamlining how to get help, we make sure that you get help faster!

With the new support model, will I need to have a registered Community Profile to directly communicate with your support team, In addition to my Self Serve account?

Yes. Register for a Community Profile by clicking here

When should I reach out to the support team?

When you can’t find the answer you’re looking for in the Community, or a fellow Community member advises you to reach out to our support team

How do I contact support?

Follow these instructions here

Who is Simon? Not referring to our awesome 'mod' @Simon_O

Simon, is a ‘ChatBot’ that can help answer any general inquiries you might have about our products or services. More info on Simon can be found here

What are the Contact Support’s hours of operation?

Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

What is the average wait time to get account assistance from the Support Team?

During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 48 hours of receiving the message.

What/Who are Oracles?

The Oracles are a small group of Community members who really know their stuff. Find out more about our Oracles by clicking here

How do I post a question to the Community?

• Sign-in to the Community (by clicking ‘Sign-In’ close to the top of your webpage)
  • Choose a category that would best suit your question
  • On your right-hand side click on ‘Start a topic’
  • Type your question and click on ‘Post’
  • For detailed instructions click here

How do I know if the Support Team has answered my question?

If your email notifications are enabled, you will get an email notifying you that we responded to you.

How do I enable email notifications?

This function should be automatically enabled. You can check here to make sure ‘Receive email notifications for new private messages’ is checked.

How do I contact support? How will I know who a Moderator is?

There are two ways that you are able to contact our Community Moderators:

1. Private Messaging: You can do this by ‘searching’ for our unique Community Moderator’s profile (as shown below) moderator_icon.JPGthen, once on the moderator profile, on the right-side click on “Send this user a private message”.  The unique blue square with ‘MOD’ is how you identify our Moderators.
  2. Tagging: If you would like a Moderator to weigh-in on a discussion, simply tag the Moderator profile to the post you created i.e @Moderator_Team

If I’m a Legacy customer will I still have access to the Call Center?

Yes, if you activated before January 27th, 2015, you will still  have access to the call centre

Will I get a ticket # for reference when contacting the Support Teams?

Working on it! We should have this functionality implemented soon!

187 REPLIES 187

@Sgtdrakend it will be easier and faster if you write your message here in a new subject 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/getting_started

write moderator_team in send to and explain what happened...They will help you.Smiley Happy

and write HELP in your subject...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sgtdrakend buy a voucher at recharge.com and call 611 to load the voucher.

Sgtdrakend
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wish that was the case. I my case i still haven't been able to login even to message a PM easily and in two hours will loose my phone number because haven't been able to login to my account for last week and a half to do a payment. I only recently was able to login into community but still not account. I even can't pay through *611 because says credit card payment can't be done and to call company which I did and it's fine. Any fast suggestions. 

Thx

srlawren

@Anonymous wrote:

@Msk1 wrote:

Today i changed my plan from 30 cad to 10 cad . I paid 10 cad . But i am not able to call or message or recieve any calls. My account is showing active.there is no due amount . I want my services since i paid... plzz helppp 

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

@Msk1 more details here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-funds-but-will-not-renew-or-re/m-p/284552/highlight/true#M20518 if the lost/stolen trick doesn't work, please also try making a manual $1 top-up as noted.  Usually one of these will trigger the system to properly reactivate your service.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Msk1 wrote:

Today i changed my plan from 30 cad to 10 cad . I paid 10 cad . But i am not able to call or message or recieve any calls. My account is showing active.there is no due amount . I want my services since i paid... plzz helppp 

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Msk1

ace_phone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It seems like every other time I see someone complaining about an issue on these forums, I see some community member making excuses about how the Moderators are "swamped" right now, and we should all just be patient with the poor overworked Mods. That may be the case, but if the Mods are in a permanemt state of overwork, that means that Public Mobile needs to hire more Mods and stop making customers que for hours or sometimes even days to get problems solved. It's all well and good to crowd source some issues, but there are some things that have to be dealt with by real human local staff.

@Korth wrote:

One step further ...

If a mod is immediately available then "the button" should simply connect the customer and the mod immediately.

If a mod is not immediately available, then a private msg or email (or even phone text msg) should be sent which gives the customer a queue number and an estimated wait time.  Perhaps another "heads up" msg when you're next in queue or estimate wait time is <10 minutes.

Now this is another post that deserves BRAVOS....

If this is not implemented then PM should bring back chat support... Although I do not mind the forum for non-urgent matters, the fact is that the response times are WAY TOO LONG and when a response is obtained, it is often with questions from the mods, which means you have to WAIT AGAIN A LONG TIME for a reply and if you do not see their reply, you lose that time too. Makes matters that needs faster turn-around VERY PAINFUL as can drag things out over DAYS when it should only take minutes to resolve. 

Please bring in CHAT support...

Hubertzh

Great changes!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @waynebergman, First an foremost, you should edit your post and remove your personal info (account number), since this is a public forum and anyone can see it.

As for your issue, you will need to send a private message to the moderator team and ask if there is something they can do for you.  Include your account# & PIN (if known) in the initial message to help speed things along.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Lastly, it is always best to start a new topic when asking a new question.  That gives you the best chance of getting the most exposure for your issue, and usually a faster response.

waynebergman

sorry sent to mod instead,,,,,,,my bad

Angela81

I like having this community resource but I did wish the chat bot was one option that could be monitored by someone if the question wasn't answered a real person could step in or you press a button to ask for a person to help...

srlawren

@demon1102wrote:

Public Mobile is shrinking. It used to be my favorite wireless provider. I was very glad to be your customer. Is telus going to get rid of public mobile? How many customer service associates will you fire? Plan to let other users play the role in the future? I need to think about migration 

@demon1102 there are no plans to get rid of Public Mobile.  Please see moderator @Mary_M's response her: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/quot-The-future-of-PM-quot-what-we-are-st...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

twest666
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@demon1102 Closing is unlikely, there however appears to be a shift from the previous model to a more chatr or lucky based model, which offers lower data speeds and "value". I am not 100% where the value in their new plan offerings are but thats what their advertising.

demon1102

Public Mobile is shrinking. It used to be my favorite wireless provider. I was very glad to be your customer. Is telus going to get rid of public mobile? How many customer service associates will you fire? Plan to let other users play the role in the future? I need to think about migration 

Rockdaddy22

Is it possible you inputted the wrong number when porting. 

Tbbbb

I need help.  There was a problem in porting over my number from virgin on Friday.  Now I’m left with someone else’s number that I’m using for text messages and to make calls, however my incoming calls are going to the other persons phone.  I have made seversl attempts to rectify this with a moderator and now I’m told I have to wait a month before I can change my number.  I never did have my own number so can someone please help me as I need my phone for work. Thanks 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

One step further ...

If a mod is immediately available then "the button" should simply connect the customer and the mod immediately.

If a mod is not immediately available, then a private msg or email (or even phone text msg) should be sent which gives the customer a queue number and an estimated wait time.  Perhaps another "heads up" msg when you're next in queue or estimate wait time is <10 minutes.

daryl

@Gwaiiguywrote:

On the community splash page there should be a button right under the search bar that says "Can't find a solution: message a moderator" simple and no bumping around trying to find the mod messaging. Especially since this is now the only way to contact a public mobile human.

This comment deserves more bravos!

I would also suggest labelling the button "contact customer support".  The word "moderator" does not imply anything but forum-nanny.

Bolt

good to hear more support format

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Want to mention changes to pricing as well?

Fire

Sounds good to me.

Gwaiiguy

On the community splash page there should be a button right under the search bar that says "Can't find a solution: message a moderator" simple and no bumping around trying to find the mod messaging. Especially since this is now the only way to contact a public mobile human.

pauloJones0

Dear Community.
First of all, I want to thank you all for your feedback.
I think there has been some confusion with the rewards issues proposed by Public Mobile.
That's the right time to help old customers to overcome this problem with the greatest justice for all.
I am an old customer, and what was been said to me it was that I would have access to loyalty rewards, for the timely payments and either the autopay.
The reality is that I never had any discount, either by loyalty or for having autopay up-to-date.
For this reason I think Public Mobile should rethink its position, that respect the clients that were been faithful with payments up to date and direct debit.
I ask you to reconsider the position, that make some adjustments but respect the agreement and consider the rewards with backdated.
I await for your comments.
I would appreciate having a positive response as soon as possible.
Thank you all and Regards

Paulo Jones

SD08

@srlawren

Okay, that was somewhat confusing.  I thought you were saying before that legacy plans were eligible for autopay rewards here: 

@srlawren wrote:
 @pauloJones0 the only rewards that legacy plans are eligible for is the AutoPay reward. 

But in your reply to me, you're saying they are not:

@srlawren wrote:

The legacy/pioneer plans are the ones offered up to Jan 26, 2015, and they are not eligible for rewards.

Your second statement actually agrees with what I said, that legacy plans are not eligible for any kind of rewards.  It's your first statement to paulojones0 (highlighted in red) that seemed to imply they are eligible for autopay rewards, but not other rewards.  My point is, either a plan is not eligible for any rewards, or it is eligible for all of them.   Why would the autopay reward be any kind of exception, as implied in your first statement?

srlawren

@SD08 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@pauloJones0 the only rewards that legacy plans are eligible for is the AutoPay reward.

@srlawren  

Are you sure about this part?  I thought legacy plans weren't eligible for any rewards, including autopay, according to this post:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/AutoPay-Reward/m-p/404/highlight/true#M3

Also repeated here, under the Autopay section:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

@SD08 I'm even more sure after looking at the first link you provided.  The key clause is:

Any customer who is

Following that Rewards Eligile plan link states:

Rate Plan eligibility:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015 are eligible for Rewards except for the 10-day plans that are not eligible for Rewards. Plans offered during between May 9, 2014 and January 27, 2015 are no longer in market and not eligible for Rewards.

The legacy/pioneer plans are the ones offered up to Jan 26, 2015, and they are not eligible for rewards.

SD08

@srlawren wrote:

@pauloJones0 the only rewards that legacy plans are eligible for is the AutoPay reward.

@srlawren  

Are you sure about this part?  I thought legacy plans weren't eligible for any rewards, including autopay, according to this post:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/AutoPay-Reward/m-p/404/highlight/true#M3

Also repeated here, under the Autopay section:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

srlawren

@pauloJones0 the only rewards that legacy plans are eligible for is the AutoPay reward. This is why you have not been getting a loyalty reward. You would have to switch to an in-market plan to start receiving loyalty reward,and optionally referral reward(s) (if you refer anybody) and/or community reward(s) for participation here.  

Rockdaddy22

Obviously there’s some confusion here

@pauloJones0 wrote:

Dear Public Mobile Support Team,  

I received the message about  the changes happening to Legacy/ Pioneer rate plans on 15 February 2018.  

As an old client I would like to express my disagreement about the increases in my plan without my consent and the rewards promised.  

And again as an old customer and an auto-pay client it was sold me rewards of fidelity.   

I can understand some increases in the cost of the services, but I don’t understand the fact that I don’t see the loyalty rewards as it was sold to me at the beginning of the business relationship.  

I would like to preserve my plan and my antiquity as customer and do not want to change of phone company.   

On the other hand, I have not yet seen the deduction of my loyalty rewards that were sold to me at the beginning of the contract.    

Which if you to keep up this commercial nature that can be considered misleading advertising.   

I would like to ask you the favour to see my account and preserve me as an old client and credit me my fidelity or loyalty rewards as an old client.  

Thank you for your support.  

Regards,  

Paulo0

Canada-wide Talk +Text  

$25 per 30 days  

This also includes:  

• Unlimited Canada-wide Long Distance  
  • Unlimited global text messaging and picture messaging  
  • Voicemail  
  • Call Forwarding  
  • Call Display  
  • Call Waiting  
  • Conference Calling  

• AutoPay  
  • You are currently registered for dynamic Autopay  
  • AutoPay Next Payment Date:Jan 18, 2018  
  • AutoPay Amount:This is your plan cost minus Rewards. Any Available funds will be applied first.  

@pauloJones0

The reward rules are clearly outlined, I can't see anything misleading in them. Legacy plans are not eligible for loyalty rewards:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/Rewards/message-id/6 :

@Lachlan_M wrote:

Only Public Mobile customers (i) on Rewards eligible plans, and (ii) who have active accounts in good standing:

Rate Plan eligibility:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015 are eligible for Rewards except for the 10-day plans that are not eligible for Rewards. Plans offered during between May 9, 2014 and January 27, 2015 are no longer in market and not eligible for Rewards.

If you choose to switch to an in-maket plan with Public Mobile, your new plan will be eligible for rewards: $2/30days for autopay, at this point $3/90days for loyalty rewards.

I have done the math for switching to an in-market Public Mobile plan for legacy customers on the Canada wide talk & text plan - you would save by switching. See details here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Effective-February-15th-changes-are-hap...

Need Help? Let's chat.