cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxing Week Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plans

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Promotion has expired.

Hey Community, 

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online or in-store. (Plus an additional 5GB of free data when they activate on select plans!)

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

5GB Free Data Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $23 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

*Second month free promo applies to new activations on all plans. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
  6. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

372 REPLIES 372

@JaniceJS 

Lol....with the exact same question a day apart!

@Kim63 

Heres the instructions....

Go to My settings/Preferences/Linear Layout and choose Oldest first. Then it'll be back to what it has been all along. Or at least i think that will help you...?

@Kim63 wrote:

Seems like. Looks like I'm replying to a particular post on the thread but it's not posting as I expect it should. Hmmm.

@Kim63 

You should go into your profile and change your settings for your notification feed (i think) from default to newest first....but i will double check that its the correct instructions.....just learned this myself.....

JaniceJS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I believe it looks like there are two people with similar Community names.  Mine is JaniceJS

@JaniceJS 

The terms do say register beforehand but  so many make the mistake of activating first that condition of the promo has been thrown out the window and just registering the email is required now.

Kim63

Seems like. Looks like I'm replying to a particular post on the thread but it's not posting as I expect it should. Hmmm.

JaniceJS

Thank you for all the responses everyone.  I am just learning to navigate this community, but it is getting easier.  

I was just unsure if I had to sign up for the boxing week savings right from the start (in order to get the full offer) as I was registering as a new customer and choosing my plan, etc. etc.  

I have registered my email and will wait and see if the 5GB is added.  

Again, thank you for your assistance.

@amenges 

Thats ok they do just show up like magic......holiday gifts you add thru your account on the plans and add ons page.

amenges
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the reply. Their site didn't provide much detail on getting the "free 5 gigs".

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes @Kim63...why the multiple posts. So you're new here and great of you to jump in and participate. But posting replies without context ie. who are you replying to, leaves the reply just hanging.

Additionally, that moderator is missing one small piece. There's a free renewal for the $15 plan as well. The 5gb is $25 and up and also free renewal.

@amenges 

Once you register your email the 5gb data add on will be added to your account in the next 30 days there is no extra work on your part. the holiday gifts you have to add in your self serve account.

@Kim63 

Are you having issues posting with the repetitive posts? If you are you could always start your own topic/thread in the community board and we can help you.

amenges

I’m trying to sign up for it . I don’t see the option for the extra 5 gigs ? Anyone else have this issue ?

Kim63

I received this response from a moderator.

"The current Boxing day promotion is valid for activations done on the $25 plan (or higher) between December 22nd 2020 to January 15th 2021, if you activated your account on the 22nd, you only need to register your email on the promo page and the bonuses will be applied to your account 30 days after you activate your account. Here you can check the details of the current promotion: https://bit.ly/3phLWln"

Kim63

"The current Boxing day promotion is valid for activations done on the $25 plan (or higher) between December 22nd 2020 to January 15th 2021, if you activated your account on the 22nd, you only need to register your email on the promo page and the bonuses will be applied to your account 30 days after you activate your account. Here you can check the details of the current promotion: https://bit.ly/3phLWln"

Looks like you're good!

@atpwong 

Reregister your email and the one with the typo if you know it just to cover your bases. You should see the 5gb data add on in a few days the credit will take longer (up to 30 days). If you get this email then you know you are in the clear if it matches your account email.

How exactly did you correct your email?

Screenshot_20201229-110434.png

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

In helping several others in this thread who activated before entering their email and who I advised to register their email afterwards and wait and see and/or contact the moderators (sooner or later) have been assured that they will qualify for the promotional offer with one who activated this morning already recieving the 5gb of add on data! ( @Jb456 now start nodding your head!)

@Aferdita  and @janiceS @ this applies for you two too!

@JaniceJS 

Its just easiest to quote myself....assuming you have ever so slightly changed your profile name....

Kim63

This is the response I received from the moderator.

Kim63

This is the response I received from the moderator.

Looks like you're good!

@JaniceJS wrote:
I asked this question yesterday but not sure how this works and if my question has been answered in the community page. I just signed up as a new customer yesterday December 29. I was so involved with the signup process and doing it right, that I did not access the boxing week savings offer. Can I still get this offer?

Submit your email and you should be good to go. You will receive the promos within 30 days of activation. If any problems choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner to contact a moderator.

JaniceJS
I asked this question yesterday but not sure how this works and if my question has been answered in the community page. I just signed up as a new customer yesterday December 29. I was so involved with the signup process and doing it right, that I did not access the boxing week savings offer. Can I still get this offer?

atpwong

Hi i signed up for the promotion with my email last night. Went to the store to sign up today, but the rep typo my email address. i did change the email address when I was signing up for my PM account, would i still qualify for the offer? Thanks!

.... midnight EASTERN tomorrow. Procrastinators run out of time at 9 PM Pacific.

AE_Collector

@Zeddicus...

did you take advantage of the More is Merrier promo for us existing customers ? Free talk and free data. HO HO HO...but only available until midnight EST...(9pm in the west) tomorrow.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back-Free-gifts-for-...

EDIT...

Zeddicus

Really could use this at the moment. Too bad I'm already a customer 😞

@dabr 

In helping several others in this thread who activated before entering their email and who I advised to register their email afterwards and wait and see and/or contact the moderators (sooner or later) have been assured that they will qualify for the promotional offer with one who activated this morning already recieving the 5gb of add on data! ( @Jb456 now start nodding your head!)

@Aferdita  and @janiceS @ this applies for you two too!

@Aferdita wrote:

Hello, I just reviewed the terms and I do qualify with all the rules. Is there any estimation of how long it would take, because I am looking to transfer another number, but I would like to make sure I get the 5gb of data. Also how would I be able to make two accounts, put together in one account, for example my wife and my number. We have two separate numbers but it would make more sense for it to be one account because are finances are together and because of auto-pay. Thank you for all your help. 

Please remember that anything you post here can be seen by anyone. As such, do not post your contact information.

The account credit and bonus data will be there within 30 days.

There can only be one phone number per account.

@Aferdita wrote:

Hello, I just reviewed the terms and I do qualify with all the rules. Is there any estimation of how long it would take, because I am looking to transfer another number, but I would like to make sure I get the 5gb of data. Also how would I be able to make two accounts, put together in one account, for example my wife and my number. We have two separate numbers but it would make more sense for it to be one account because are finances are together and because of auto-pay. Thank you for all your help. 

Xx

Xx

This is a public forum so everyone can see your numbers. Choose 3 vertical dots in the top right hand corner of your post and edit out the numbers.

edit.jpg

Aferdita

edited by computergeek541: names and phone numbers removed

@JaniceJS wrote:

I just activated my sim card and account with Public Mobile.  I switched over from Koodo. I thought I needed to activate my account first before accessing the boxing week savings offers.  I have signed up for the $25.00 per month plan.  Am I able to receive this  offer?  

@JaniceJS   Did you first register your email as per the terms of the promo here? 

Edit:  If you didn't, then you'd better contact moderators either via the chatbot bubble bottom right or click the envelope icon top right and send a private message to Moderator_Team and hopefully they will apply the promotion for you as a gesture of goodwill.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
  6. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply. 

JaniceJS

I just activated my sim card and account with Public Mobile.  I switched over from Koodo. I thought I needed to activate my account first before accessing the boxing week savings offers.  I have signed up for the $25.00 per month plan.  Am I able to receive this  offer?  

Need Help? Let's chat.