Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A letter from Dave on the infamous $40 for 4GB price change

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

I am writing to you today to let you know that we will not be moving forward with a price increase on the infamous “$40 for 4GB” plan ($120 90-day Province-Wide Talk + Text + 12GB Data), contrary to the SMS that customers on that plan received yesterday.

After sending out an offer to select customers, we heard your feedback loud and clear: we said no surprises, and we surprised you. While all good things must come to an end at some point – that point is not today. As a brand, we have always been proud of our transparency, and of our commitment to our customers. We are sincerely sorry for any frustration caused and we want you to know that this has been a learning experience for us all.

We have been reminded that you, our customers, are vocal and passionate. We’ve seen how much some of you love Public Mobile and we’ve also seen how many of you like the added value that our sister brand, Koodo, has to offer. To that end, we are happy to say that the Koodo offer that our Public customers on the “$40 for 4GB” plan received still remains available for anyone who wishes to take advantage of it.

Thank you for your continued support,

Dave

809 REPLIES 809

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

More surprises are to come... just watch

Happydude666
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Once the following gets removed from my account page, then I'll believe it.

Please be advised, if you are on a 90-day $120 Province-Wide Talk +Text+ 12GB LTE plan, your rate plan will increase to $150 effective March 20th, 2018. If you choose to stay on your current plan and have AutoPay enabled, your amount will automatically increase on your next bill cycle.

steelworx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You mean I can stop with the letters to CBC, BBB, CCTS, Canadian Competition Bureau and cancel the protests?? Wow... this is good news!

Where is the follow up text to customers like me that are totally outraged and livid over the first text??

CalvinW

@Tallguy11 Totally agree with you! But I’m pretty confident they will try again and probably this year too. Dave pretty much stated this minus giving us the date. I don’t think they care since they really don’t have much of a reputation to save anymore. Bad decision on their part and now damage control is pretty much a lost cause since so many ccts complaints have already been filed 

Wow, just wow 🙂

We all had a very good trip to a place like hell. I am so happy that they listened and once again reverted what they were planning to do. I hope they take care of us and think hard before making a huge decision. 

I gotta thank you all folks to shout your voice 🙂

mikefradette
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please send a follow up text to all the PM customers letting them know. My 24 referrals would be interested in knowing this.

PM.png

Mystery

Thank you for reconsidering and remaining true to your customers...for now.

However, on the statement "While all good things must come to an end at some point – that point is not today." What kind of advance notice in the future  is even applicable in our situation, given that the conditions of being an "active customer" and "no surprises" was recently disregarded and held so lightly? 

I would think that if the customers were heard correctly, the plan would almost have to stay the same in perpetuity.

Seems there will be another strategy being drummed up.

koganiz

Still can see it on my account:

Please be advised, if you are on a 90-day $120 Province-Wide Talk +Text+ 12GB LTE plan, your rate plan will increase to $150 effective March 20th, 2018. If you choose to stay on your current plan and have AutoPay enabled, your amount will automatically increase on your next bill cycle.

saje_ward
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Awesome. We didn't move yet and I'd be more than happy to stay. No more surprises though please, mmmmkay.

vinions

Wow. Speechless. We won. For now

Tallguy11

@CalvinWwrote:

He’s basically saying that the price increase will still eventually take place, but just not right now. That ambiguity is the scary part... I lost faith in PM already

they would be smart to just leave us be.. look what happened.. think how bad it would be if they tried this again!

harkerb

WE WIN! Great job submitting those complaints. 

pakmode

@Vanteraxwrote:

What the hell?  Are you going to cancel and refund those who started to port to Koodo?!  What are you going to do with those who started the move?!

File 2 CCTS complaints please.

1 against Koodo.  1 against PM.

In the end the CCTS will force them to provide reasonable accomodation and payment for your damages and costs incurred.

CalvinW

He’s basically saying that the price increase will still eventually take place, but just not right now. That ambiguity is the scary part... 

Vanterax

What the hell?  Are you going to cancel and refund those who started to port to Koodo?!  What are you going to do with those who started the move?!

EG6

I wonder if the outcome would be the same had the threat of over 2000 CCTS complaints not existed.

The thread on RFD has reached 100 pages! 

Tallguy11

wow they acctually listened!.. as for all good things come to an end.. if this plan ever comes to an end with out me ending it i will be taking my money else where..(not telus).. and im sure most people on this plan feel the same!

Chanel90

Thank you!!Cat Happy

pakmode

The damage is done.

There have been an unprecedented 2500 complaints filed against PM to the CCTS in the past 30 hours.

We hope the CCTS will fine and penalize Telus for this egregious act of anti-competitive behaviour. 

The sheer volume of complaints to the CCTS will leave your team triaging and assessing the damage over the next few weeks.  But we will be firm, resolute and determined that Telus be penalized for their intended actions. 

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Great news thanks

Nebula

Wait is this real!?

SWEET!

"While all good things must come to an end at some point – that point is not today."

I guess that means our rewards are disappearing soon.

WHICH I don't mind as long as I get the flexibility of using my 12 GB over 90 days.

Civic_E

What a joke!!!

So I have already moved to Koodo because today Feb 16th was my renewal date for next 90 days. Now I lose the plan!!! and also had to pay for Koodo SIM card! !! !

mooneyay

lol

shartomjam

@John5pwrote:

Wow. 

That's an understatement! 🙂  I hope those that have already had to switch to the Koodo offer are going to be able to undo the switch and resume their promo plan.  

alicejhwong

Is it going to be removed from our account msg or sent again this note via text to inform all customers of this change of heart? 

MK78

So there will not be a price increase for the active users on the Fall2016 Promo?

Lg85

Looks like Public Mobile is listening to their angry customers.

John5p

Wow. 

jpr3

Great! Thank you.

Edit: what is this "infamous" all about?

Edit 2: He is saying that a price increase will probably take place some time in the future. So in the mean time, look for some alternative choices if you can.

"While all good things must come to an end at some  point - that point is not today." 

Need Help? Let's chat.