cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 years of incredible accomplishments, thanks to YOU!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

Did you know that last Saturday marked our 3rd year of SIM-only wireless service? To celebrate this occasion, and to thank you for all of your support, we wanted to share some highlights from the past year. Your amazing efforts make the Community, a wonderful resource and welcoming place for all. We truly appreciate it. Thank you, thank you thank you!

Have any great memories of Community members helping you out? Share below and spread the appreciation. We can’t do it without you!

-Public Mobile TeamHIGH RES_ENGLISH_Public Mobile-3rd Anniversary Community Thank-You Illustration_DESIGN_Mar06-01.png

44 REPLIES 44

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

bravo! lol

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Lol

TMS

I hope PM never goes away. I love their loyalty credits!!!

jpar

I hope PM sticks around for a while yet Smiley Happy

At this time, Public Mobile is *STILL* offering 4G data plans, and the pricing is still better than what is offered by the other 'brands' in BC, Alberta, and Ontario.

Public Mobile is not closing.  It's the only 3rd teir service that offers 4G service, and it doesn't have zone limits.  If you want Canada-Wide, all you have to do is pay $15 more per 90 days.

Optiblue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's a matter of time before telus kills off PM after the recent rounds of brand killing. A majority of users have switched over to koodo and are now on the edge of looking elsewhere as well. $10 raise was crazy and the people left to fight it next time has dwindled. Plans offered now are low in data and 3G? Seriously? $50 for 10GB LTE will be the norm once freedom implents their low spectrum later this year. If PM truly wanted to go on, they'd offer that now and to fight for "koodo" members back. Sadly that's not happening so GG

Garry

Absolutely Hillarious!!!

Over the last 3 years:

1. You've started charging fees for your Sims.

2. Lost your icon and backbone Jeremy. 

3. Pissed off your most loyal clients and forced them to leave.

4. Never improved this useless portal.

5. Completely distroyed your Brand.

Good work! 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dylan123wrote:

Hi Brooke, can you please get in touch with me in regards to my account and my data not working.

Dylan

@Dylan123

@If your data isn't working, here's a troubleshooting checklist, courtesy of @Luddite:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/No-data-near-Renewal/m-p/134842/highlight/...

If none of those tips solve your issue, then have a moderator look at your account.  Click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance.  Include your PM SIM card number, e-mail address and phone number.  More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

The moderators are done for tonight.  They'll be back on duty at 9AM eastern.

Dylan123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Brooke, can you please get in touch with me in regards to my account and my data not working.

Dylan

iverge

"Thanks to you!"

And your way of thanking us is by trying to pull a fast one with that price increase?

With that one shady move you have eroded not only goodwill among your customers but more importantly, you have lost our trust! 

I never had reason to pay attention to what other offers were in the marketplace but you best believe I'm now paying attention more than ever.

homer

Looks like the Koodo offer has pissed off everyone... 

I like my grandfathered plan and hope I can keep using it. 

MoraMan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i'm still a proud member, until i'm not.

jzmtl

From the title and the recent events I seriously thought this was gonna be a "yeah yeah it was nice while it lasted, now everybody get the f out by end of the week" post.

financialguy

Gone! Along with my trust of PM! Happy 3rd!

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Whoa! New Badge.

Today on "Women's Day", @Brooke_C don't let the negativity affect you. There are still many PM members who will stick around. 

From lady to lady... (I hope Brooke is a lady name).... Happy Women's Day!

woman.PNG

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The highlights they want to share are small and difficult to read from their picture.

youbme

Thank you for your brave post amid the current climate @Brooke_C! I am happy to celebrate 3 years with PM - lots to be happy about, and some things to be frustrated about.

Thank you to all the mods who have supported the development of a vibrant community and excellent online customer service. It is an interesting time for Public Mobile, to say the least, and I do feel privileged to have found PM when I did - saving significant amounts of money and having the opportunity to participate in a great community.

At the same time, what makes this community strong is the willingness of its most dedicated members to challenge and critique the company when necessary. The latest mess is a great example of community members speaking out about corporate decisions that are negatively affecting some customers (and could lead to worse for the rest of us in the future).

None of this frustration negates the great value PM has provided over the past 3 years, instead it is an example of how committed the PM community has become towards supporting a great experiment in mobile service - which to Telus' credit, they took a big risk when they acquired PM. It appears that Telus is questioning the economic viability of PM in its current state, but only time will tell the future of PM...

For those of us still enjoying awesome service, I hope to see many more anniversaries!

@bbdatawrote:

@will13amwrote:

Folks, to be fair, this celabratory post is intended for the broader Public Mobile customer base.  Only those of us on the $120/12 gig/90 day were mistreated.  If anyone feels this is not for you, move on.  To that end, I will refrain from raining on the picnic.  The unaffected customer base can have a slice of e-cake.  Enjoy, it is calorie free! 

While I agree that the overall negative sentiment of this thread does not do the spirit of the original post any justice. I disagree with your statement that what occured does not affect the broader customer base.

The actions that occured shows everyone that PM was not afraid to make ultimatums and offer no geniune appology or insight in retrospect. Something the broader customer base should be at least mindful of, even if they are content.

I respect this perspective in that what transpired is a warning to those not affected that next time, it could be you.  Be that as it may, it is quite evident that only a fairly narrow segment of the customer base does not fit in with the future aspirations of this service.  Out of an abundance of caution, I suppose everybody can feel equally threatened.  Taking this approach, one could say that the unaffected segment may even be worse off as they were not offered any migration options. 

bbdata

@will13amwrote:

Folks, to be fair, this celabratory post is intended for the broader Public Mobile customer base.  Only those of us on the $120/12 gig/90 day were mistreated.  If anyone feels this is not for you, move on.  To that end, I will refrain from raining on the picnic.  The unaffected customer base can have a slice of e-cake.  Enjoy, it is calorie free! 

While I agree that the overall negative sentiment of this thread does not do the spirit of the original post any justice. I disagree with your statement that what occured does not affect the broader customer base.

The actions that occured shows everyone that PM was not afraid to make ultimatums and offer no geniune appology or insight in retrospect. Something the broader customer base should be at least mindful of, even if they are content.

sbreakin

I am surprised that there's so many more active in the community at 3year anniversary than the 2nd. (3yr = 42360 & 2yr 20659). Maybe some joined after the price increase announcement.

I too echo that I have enjoyed & appreciate Public Mobile & still do.

We saved plenty since the move from Rogers where those temporary credits kept expiring or having to update plan for phone discounts etc.

I have moved one account over to Koodo & been impressed with customer service so far.

My wife is remaining at the moment.  In part as my ability to send referrals is generating an error message which hopefully will be corrected in time for any PM rushing over at the last minute that need a referral.

Despite all the encouragement to migrate (i.e. these offers) I'm still tempted to keep one plan here but maybe $100 + $100 in referral credits plus wifes migration $100 credit are enough to sway the vote. I kind of think they want to make PM a bit more basic something like Lucky/ CHatr - maybe with zones or such. 

Oh & almost forgot my shiny new badge...

3 year anniversary.JPG

kchow91
Spoiler

Should come out with another 12gb/$120 dollar promo to celebrate Smiley Very Happy

Check out the stats how many more people got the 3YR badge vs the older 2YR badge

Lots more activity on the boards

koimr1

I agree with the last few positive posts. 🙂

PM rescued me from Freedom and prevented me from having to spend a lot (a LOT) more with the other brands.

I was pretty unhappy as well at the time with "that" decision but have since felt that the powers that be have gone to great lengths to provide an alternative with Koodo. In the end it is what it is.

And I have to stress that EVERY interaction I've had with the @CS_Agent has been completely pleasant. I imagine they've faced a lot of angry messages from us lately and have been the true definition of "grace under fire". Best of luck to them! 🙂

@srlawrenwrote:

@Manawrote:

At least it's an attempt of something positive during negative time. 

Don't kill the messenger. 

@Mana agreed!

Totally agree with both posts.  Amazing how people can get.  PM has saved my family  over $1000 in my time here.  If it has run its course that is life and the next decision has to be made.  PM was a true innovator for it's customer service model in Canadian Telecommunication but with no competition the Big 3 came to a decision that it was bad for business for PM to continue with it's great promo's.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Manawrote:

@Mana agreed!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

X-Files

Want to happy , but it's Koodo time  right now , Just can say : Good Luck !

Mana
Mayor / Maire

CalvinW

Where’s the part about you trying to increase prices? I knew the infographic seems a little off

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

@Brooke_Cwrote:

Hey Community,

Did you know that last Saturday marked our 3rd year of SIM-only wireless service? To celebrate this occasion, and to thank you for all of your support, we wanted to share some highlights from the past year. Your amazing efforts make the Community, a wonderful resource and welcoming place for all. We truly appreciate it. Thank you, thank you thank you!

Have any great memories of Community members helping you out? Share below and spread the appreciation. We can’t do it without you!

-Public Mobile TeamHIGH RES_ENGLISH_Public Mobile-3rd Anniversary Community Thank-You Illustration_DESIGN_Mar06-01.png

Spoiler
Does NOT Compute.

@Brooke_C, This in my opinion is:

Spoiler
Obtuse

Also, With The Tel Us CEO stating conflicting Nonsense, I think that this has become more like:

Spoiler
Stale Scone, No Name Brand

MEU_21

The real irony is that those two oracles appear to have one foot out the door. I'm also not sure that the introduction of 3G speeds received as big a fanfare as it is made out to be.

Credit to the mods and oracles though for all their help... administrative questions that I personally couldn't care to answer. Also, thanks to PM for bucking the trend with the 2016 Fall promo... and, no thanks for pulling that stunt last month.

Dear PM, I'll let you know if I filed my divorce papers after this weekend.... oh, you'll find out anyways... from your sister.

Need Help? Let's chat.