cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Public Mobile

A letter from Dave on the infamous $40 for 4GB price change

Hey Community,

I am writing to you today to let you know that we will not be moving forward with a price increase on the infamous “$40 for 4GB” plan ($120 90-day Province-Wide Talk + Text + 12GB Data), contrary to the SMS that customers on that plan received yesterday.

After sending out an offer to select customers, we heard your feedback loud and clear: we said no surprises, and we surprised you. While all good things must come to an end at some point – that point is not today. As a brand, we have always been proud of our transparency, and of our commitment to our customers. We are sincerely sorry for any frustration caused and we want you to know that this has been a learning experience for us all.

We have been reminded that you, our customers, are vocal and passionate. We’ve seen how much some of you love Public Mobile and we’ve also seen how many of you like the added value that our sister brand, Koodo, has to offer. To that end, we are happy to say that the Koodo offer that our Public customers on the “$40 for 4GB” plan received still remains available for anyone who wishes to take advantage of it.

Thank you for your continued support,

Dave

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: A letter from Dave on the infamous $40 for 4GB price change

Great! Thank you.

Edit: what is this "infamous" all about?

Edit 2: He is saying that a price increase will probably take place some time in the future. So in the mean time, look for some alternative choices if you can.

"While all good things must come to an end at some  point - that point is not today." 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wow. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Looks like Public Mobile is listening to their angry customers.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So there will not be a price increase for the active users on the Fall2016 Promo?

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it going to be removed from our account msg or sent again this note via text to inform all customers of this change of heart? 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@John5pwrote:

Wow. 

That's an understatement! Smiley Happy  I hope those that have already had to switch to the Koodo offer are going to be able to undo the switch and resume their promo plan.  

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

lol

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What a joke!!!

So I have already moved to Koodo because today Feb 16th was my renewal date for next 90 days. Now I lose the plan!!! and also had to pay for Koodo SIM card! !! !

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wait is this real!?

SWEET!

"While all good things must come to an end at some point – that point is not today."

I guess that means our rewards are disappearing soon.

WHICH I don't mind as long as I get the flexibility of using my 12 GB over 90 days.