cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantage or Disadvantage to not retrieving old community account?

Hummingbird
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This whole change over to Eversafe has been ridiculous and Frustrating! I have wasted a colossal amount of my time just trying to get access to Community again. I could not use my old id, it kept saying it was already in use, yeah , by me! Then it would not accept what I put in for a new "nickname" I got error messages and also messages saying there were unacceptable characters,(and) letters, numbers and special symbols are acceptable. I only used letters and no spaces so it should have been acceptable. It finally accepted this all letter nickname. But of course, I now do not have access to my old community account!  So here's my question, is there a disadvantage to NOT getting my old community account back? 

11 REPLIES 11

@Hummingbird  There is no Community rewards penalty for adopting a new name, except for the month you change. Community rewards are based on last month's participation compared to all other participants. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Hummingbird

@dabr 

Thank you for the link to CSA . I hope it works !

Hummingbird

@dabr 

Agreed I want the over charge corrected before I change anything with the community account stuff. It was not a double charge, the total on the charge is incorrect/ higher than it should be. I switched to a 90 day plan, not sure it was a good idea now. 

@Hummingbird   Agreed, the roll out seems to have not been well tested before it went live IMO and all the frustrations are to be expected when customers can't even login to their accounts.  I also noticed some features in self serve weren't always loading properly until yesterday, so hopefully it'll be the same for you. 

Either way, contact support and at least you need to know about any overcharges (if you're sure they're not just pending charges that post twice before getting corrected after couple of days or so) and then you can decide to wait to ask them to link to your other username later, or not.

Hummingbird

@dabr 

I tried going to manage my Eversafe account as you suggested. However it just goes to a blank screen and then freezes when I do. Then I have to close out the screen and relog in . At this point after wasting my whole day or trying to do anything with Public Mobile  I'm just so frustrated and ready to give up. I don't know that it matters too much or not if I do or don't recover my old community account.  But I do know that I am not at all happy with Public Mobile over all these unnecessary changes and "updates" seems to me they were just over concerned with being "First" to have 5G plans offered and not concerned at all how these changes affect their customers. 

@Hummingbird   Customer support will be able to re-link your former username fairly quickly (mine took almost 20 hours) but you need to contact them as they need to verify the account details to ensure the correct accounts are linked. 

Send a private message to CS_Agent instead, if unable to submit a ticket, here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

edit:  of course, get them to take a look at why you are being overcharged and maybe the extra charge is available as an account credit which can be used towards next payment?

Hummingbird

@dabr 

Oh, ok so it would be about the badges and such . So the badges are what goes towards community rewards then , I assume?  Unfortunately I don't know what may be recent badges/ rewards there. I have participated fairly regularly in community, although not so much recently as I was travelling. I'm just so frustrated with PM over all these changes and from what I'm reading in community others are not so happy either. I can't even submit a ticket successfully regarding a problem today with them overcharging me when my plan updated today. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Hummingbird 

You must have 2 different email address for your account and your Community.

It is now tied together on your registered account email address.

Contact a CS_Agent to change to one email address for your account & Community. Plus your Community nickname.

@Hummingbird   Were there some personal messages either with other users or with CSA's that were important for you to be able to refer back to?  Or if you posted frequently, then not being able to retrieve your former username might mean the loss of community rewards, perhaps?  

I was similarly affect and couldn't access my username for over a week before it was finally restored but only after contacting support again.  However, there are couple of other family accounts I manage that are having the same issue except in those cases I haven't gone the extra step of creating another community username and it won't too big a deal (AFAIC) if those accounts will eventually need new community names as there never was any community posts or stats involved.  For now I'm still able to access the phone accounts for those usernames and I've decided to not bother with either retrieving or creating a new profile as long as I have access to self serve for them.

Hummingbird

@dabr  thanks for the reply and the info 

But , is there any advantage  to retrieving the old account or disadvantage to not retrieving it?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Hummingbird   Whether you want to retrieve your previous community name is entirely upto you but PM has now facilitated users to change their username (if they want) themselves in the self serve account under Manage My Eversafe ID, plus the ability to change the email too, although I'd hold off on changing emails for now since emails and accounts aren't always being linked with the recent update.

edit:  BTW, you'll need to contact support to retrieve and link up your old username with your self serve account.

edit 2:  To clarify community username can be changed in community account via Avatar>My Settings>Nickname and email can be changed via self serve and My Eversafe ID.

Need Help? Let's chat.