Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Letter from Dave: Looking back on 2019 and our 2020 goals

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community, 

As we enter the final month of the year (and decade!) I wanted to take the time to reflect on what a year it’s been. I also wanted to thank you all for another great year. Public Mobile could not be where it is today without you, our customers. 

We kicked off the year focused on your wishlist from 2018

• Faster Moderator response times
  • Improved ticketing process
  • Additional goodness from SIMon

Since last year, we’ve beefed up our Community support and brought response times down from days to minutes, getting you connected to Moderators faster. Our virtual assistant SIMon is also now better equipped to support you: SIMon has resolved 70% of all issues without needing a Moderator, and houses our new streamlined ticketing process, which helps you get better and faster support. All this progress wouldn’t be possible without you, our passionate Community. Thank you to those who have helped us identify these issues, test our systems, and provide feedback. While this progress is good, our journey is far from over. I encourage you to continue to provide feedback to help us build a better service for you.  

We recognize that you are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we’ve refocused our brand promise. Our new motto “we’re for you” isn’t just for looks, we want to make sure you’re at the center of our systems, promotions, and even campaigns. We’ve been putting that into action, from free data giveaways to our #PublicMobilePDA campaign, where we broadcast the things you love on billboards across Canada! 

But 2019 wasn’t all rosy. Earlier this year many of you experienced issues with your service because, frankly, our systems just weren’t good enough. In August, we made significant improvements to ensure that this didn’t happen again. Part of this required removing our Build Your Own Plan Calculator. This wasn’t an easy decision, and we know that many of you enjoyed the flexibility of the calculator. We’ve heard that feedback and are planning to introduce some enhancements to our plans in the coming year because of it. At the end of the day, having reliable service is just table stakes, and we want to make Public Mobile the best it can be for you. We have made improvements over the last year, but we’re not done yet. 

As we continue to focus on our customers and what you want, in 2020 we’re focusing on a wishlist of things you have asked for: 

• A simpler and mobile-friendly self serve experience
  • Promotions and programs that benefit you, our valued customers
  • Continuing to ensure that our systems are best-in-class and improving the experience you have when you need to get help 
  • An enhanced Community that is easier to use and more engaging 

As we work on this wishlist in the new year, we want to do so with more transparency. Our goal is to keep you more informed on the decisions we make and why we make them. 

But, before we kick of 2020, I want to take a moment to sincerely thank you for being a loyal Public Mobile customers and a valued member of the Community. Last year, we were #LessForLess, but now we’re for you.  As December is the season of giving, we wanted to show you (in addition to telling you) how much we appreciate all you do. Make sure to check back on the Community this coming Wednesday, December 4th for a special announcement about some free gifts coming your way. 

Sincerely, 

Dave

171 REPLIES 171

BestFriend
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dave is so nice! Cheers to 2020!

@darlicious wrote:

@umar1234 wrote:

Thanks, and yes ability to share data will be great between family members. And also if we can be able to temporarily suspend service while out of the country for 1 or 2 months.

You can already do this

When and How to Suspend or Place an account on Hold (Extended absence, etc)

Edit: Please refer below to the original author @pm-smayer97  below for updates to this post and a correct link....bravos go to his original post I am only the messenger.

Yes, the original and most up-to-date info is found here:

When and How to Suspend or Place an account on Hold (Extended absence, etc)

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you Dave! I had the problem of auto payment before, and I had to pay right away after the due date. I sent the ticket to MD and the problem was solved properly within 24 hours. and I'm very happy with PM. Thank you so much!  

amjadski
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recommend PM to all of my friends. I'm excited for 2020. I believe in PM and I know it'll grow even more.

@KA100   Just so you know it's always helps to post your own question so you get dedicated answers and a better response. It's best when making  any changes within your account to clear your browser and use secret/incognito mode with Firefox or chrome. Copy your address exactly from your billing statement leaving the apt/ unit box empty and do not put a space in the postal code. USE ALL CAPS if necessary. Do not attempt more than three times as this will cause a security lock. If you are still unsuccessful you can contact the moderators to add it for you.

Choose replace card rather than remove card when you go to manage my card...by scrolling down the payment page.

KA100

Stil having a problem re-registering a new credit card for Autopay as of January 19,2020, can someone Please,Please fix this problem.

@Souky123 wrote:

Need unlimited Data plans like the rest of the providers

Explain why?

Souky123
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Need unlimited Data plans like the rest of the providers

taylorharrison

Heart

I assume this is to fix a glitch with porting your number over. If so, call the TELUS porting number that @Jb456 quoted above, last line of his post.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Shauna - I don't understand why you are trying to respond to a phone call using your IMEI number.  Could you please eleborate.

That said, you have posted to a completely unrelated thread.  It is always best to start a new topic for every new question.

Shauna

I am trying to respond to a couple of phone calls with the IMEI number on my phone, but I have no idea who or how to send this info to someone on this Community page. Can you tell me what user to send this info to so I can transfer my old phone number please?

@CannonFodder   I've seen too many posts from people who can't figure out the basics of their accounts. A good example was the one who wanted to know why there was a $1.13 charged to her credit card from public mobile. She posted her payment history showing a $1 charge. The difference between her balance and her plan cost. I kept it smple and explained there is a $1 charge plus tax. I was admonished for not explaining it better. If i lay it all out on the line theres less cause for confusion.

@darlicious  While I commend you for a rather detailed post 👍 , given that @54321Wonderful  said, "I'm a senior and not very good with the computer.", I'm left wondering if your post will be much help.... maybe it's too detailed. @54321Wonderful , there's some good info you've been given.... I hope you can make good use of it.

@54321Wonderful  You know for sure your brother in law activated using a referral code. Almost immediately  you would recieve a text from public mobile informing you that you have successfully referred a friend. Check your text messages for that text from "100". If you have then check the date. If its between November 25th and December 31st then you qualify for the bonus $20 credit. Log in to your account. On the overview page mid section it shows your reward section. It will show your reward totals probably $2-$5 (autopay?+referrals?.) Click on "rewards" in will list your rewards and if you click on the little arrow to the left it will show you the last 4 digits of each referrals phone number.      

Going to your payment history will show you any $20 bonus referral credits.  It maybe listed as a referral credit or as a  "system error" and $20 in the credit column. The $1 monthly referral rewards will converted into a credit when your plan renews and appear in your payment history. Your reward totals will increase on your rewards page (normally sometimes they get mixed up here). And new rewards for the new plan cycle will replace the ones that have been credited to your account balance.

@54321Wonderful 

We aren't Public Mobile employees, we are fellow customers who help one another out. So we can't directly fix your problem OR call you.

Are you certain you didn't receive the credits? What dates did each new customer sign up on? You mentioned one is your Brother in Law, can you ask him what date he signed up with Public Mobile? 

Normally you don't get any cash credit for signing up a new customer, they do. However you do get a $1 credit per month for having referred a new customer. Do you have any Refer a Friend credits on your account? From late November on until about Jan 1 there WAS a promo that YOU would also get a $20 cash credit per successful referal. This credit lands in your "available funds" in your online account. It is then used to help pay your next renewal. So it doesn't land in "Rewards" if that is where you are looking. 

A screenshot of your billing activity would help but I don't know if you know how to do that?

AE_Collector

54321Wonderful

First thing to check is that your friends received their $10 referal credit a few days after activating. If they did this still doesn't confirm that they used YOUR referal code but they did use a valid referal code from someone.  MESSAGE FROM DAVE

Yes, my brother in law did get his $10 off, and already contacted the moderator a couple times regarding my referal reward, and no reply from public mobile.

Can someone call me or fix the problem for me. I'm a senior and not very good with the computer.  Thanks

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@beelocke 

Please edit your post if you don't want people to port your number out for their use as anyone can read your post.

Create a moderator support ticket to provide your info using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

beelocke

I was contacted by phone to supply An I.M.E.I. # for my device so that my account application could be completed. Acct # 1000000xxxxxxx-Ph # xxx-xxx-xxx-I.M.E.I.# xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by SD08 to remove personal info.

@JanTanton wrote:

I would totally agree here. As a new user with four accounts for our family, the google maps access is crucial, living in a rural area.

GPS use doesn't require internet access. Also, maps can be downloaded ahead of time. Google Maps can now be used while offline if the maps for area are pre-downloaded. I used to use sometthing called Map Droid have maps handy even if I didn't have an internet connection. The other advantage to downloading maps before you need them is how this can save some of your data amounts for other activities. 

JanTanton

I would totally agree here. As a new user with four accounts for our family, the google maps access is crucial, living in a rural area.

I see the terminology quite often "I refered a friend" but as @darlicious says, where the rubber hits the road is if your friend ensured that your referal code was entered and entered correctly when they activated. 

First thing to check is that your friends received their $10 referal credit a few days after activating. If they did this still doesn't confirm that they used YOUR referal code but they did use a valid referal code from someone.

AE_Collector

@54321Wonderful  You need to talk to your friends first. Did they enter your referral code? Did they forget? Did you give it to them? Did they get their $10 referral credit? Maybe they gave the wrong referral code or confused a digit with a number. Like a zero (0) with an (O). Ask them. If any of these scenarios happened it is up to them to contact the moderators with your referral code and have it added or changed.

54321Wonderful

Dear Dave,

My phone number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and my name is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I have referred to 3 friends and never get my rewards and have talked to the moderators many many times since i referred my friends and get nothing for it.

Very disappointed with your customer service.

Please check all my messages to find out how mad I was and now.  Thank you

edited by computergeek541: Please do not post contact information here as it can be seen by anyone on the internet.

telemonster

I wish you make your website faster (and/or hire a good programmer). 

TmainPMcommunit

Hey Dave,

I like the second and third bullets of your wishlist of things. My request is to go easy so don't fix what ain't break. 

I appreciate that Public Mobile gives me the connections to friends and family, and the online services and information on the go at the price I can bear. National and reliable coverage is top in my mind. Flexibility: I switch to a plan that work when I traveled to the USA and switch back to a suitable plan at home. Peace of mind: I can monitor my usages online. 

I appreciate your wishlist to improve services and progress towards customers experience. I hope you strike the right balance for progress and price. 

Thank you

@AE_Collector wrote:

I don't think full LTE plans are coming back soon. That would poach too many customers from the higher TELUS brands. Someone has to pay for all the network improvements as I don't think it is us here! But most of us don't really notice the "3G like" slower speeds either.

AE_Collector

They went through all the trouble with migration offers to fall promo customers. LTE plans would undo the migrations.

I don't think full LTE plans are coming back soon. That would poach too many customers from the higher TELUS brands. Someone has to pay for all the network improvements as I don't think it is us here! But most of us don't really notice the "3G like" slower speeds either.

AE_Collector

IWorkForRogers

How about a 1GB full speed LTE plan for $25?

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dave_M 2019 was definitely a great year for PM.  Many hard moments as you've begun to lay the foundations of becoming best in class.  I look for ward to the continued foundations you'll be laying in 2020 to truly make the service and support available for customers to be even that much better.  But definitely love the new motto we're for you.  Can't be said any better, and truly depicts what PM is all about.  

Looking forward to see what PM rolls out for 2020, and I'm looking forward to spending another year as a customer.

Great work PM. Smiley LOL

Need Help? Let's chat.