Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: $40 Plan Update

More data is always nice, thanks for the good news!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

My question is why do customers have to go in and change plan isn't PM able to just change this for the customer?  There are many customers that don't come into the community and will not know about this and will miss out on this. (Or is that part of the plan?)

It was the same thing when they upgraded the $15 to better $15 plan, when they upgraded $30 plan to better $30 plan.

I agree they should implement these sorts of plan upgrades automatically. When there's no change in price, when you get more than before, when you aren't trading away anything at all - when there's no reason a customer would prefer to refuse the upgrade.

I assume there's backwards accounting reasons for why things don't happen the smart way.

Not everyone reads Announcements. There is the option to "sign up for deal alert" emails (at the bottom of the plans page). I think SMS notifications should be sent to those affected, if they aren't being sent already. I think some sort of "inbox" should be built into Self-Serve, the point of contact and point of payment for everything. But it is what it is, if they won't change the system then we must work within the system.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Korth 

Have you ever had a reply as a result of signing up for “There is the option to "sign up for deal alert" emails (at the bottom of the plans page)”???

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Korth wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

My question is why do customers have to go in and change plan isn't PM able to just change this for the customer?  There are many customers that don't come into the community and will not know about this and will miss out on this. (Or is that part of the plan?)

It was the same thing when they upgraded the $15 to better $15 plan, when they upgraded $30 plan to better $30 plan.

I agree they should implement these sorts of plan upgrades automatically. When there's no change in price, when you get more than before, when you aren't trading away anything at all - when there's no reason a customer would prefer to refuse the upgrade.

I assume there's backwards accounting reasons for why things don't happen the smart way.

Not everyone reads Announcements. There is the option to "sign up for deal alert" emails (at the bottom of the plans page). I think SMS notifications should be sent to those affected, if they aren't being sent already. I think some sort of "inbox" should be built into Self-Serve, the point of contact and point of payment for everything. But it is what it is, if they won't change the system then we must work within the system.

I think sending text message notice is a better choice.  It is up to the owner to change it.  Some people may be upset without asking them before change their plan.  

I am not sure that changing plan without plan owner permission will violate privacy law or not.  It is the job of PM lawyers to find out.  Just saying. 

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So with AutoPay the $40 plan is really a 5GB plan now:

4.5 GB Data¹ at 3G speed
+BONUS 500 MB with AutoPay

I'd say it's completely normal for it to be the customer's responsibility to check if current plans are better than their existing, potentially grandfathered, plan.

Highlighted
Oracle

@Nezgar wrote:

So with AutoPay the $40 plan is really a 5GB plan now:

4.5 GB Data¹ at 3G speed
+BONUS 500 MB with AutoPay

I'd say it's completely normal for it to be the customer's responsibility to check if current plans are better than their existing, potentially grandfathered, plan.

@Nezgar, I understand that but this is labelled as an update to the $40 plan.  If it was a price increase PM would only have to post in the plan section and it would apply to all who are on that plan.  So if this is just an update to the plan they are already on why do they need to change plans to receive the extra data

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Korth 

Have you ever had a reply as a result of signing up for “There is the option to "sign up for deal alert" emails (at the bottom of the plans page)”???

No. Because I avoid subscribing to spam. Even when it's forced upon me, I direct it towards a garbage address.

And I visit these forums often enough to be well-appraised of PM's latest and greatest most exciting big news. Or I don't when I consider other things more important.

Still, it's an option available to all customers. If it's not being used in a useful way then that's really something PM should figure out how to improve on their side of things.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

This is a good change.  However, let's not go overboard with excitement. This isn't an improvement or more data being offered. This is the plan simply going back to what it was all along for quite a while.  I challenge Public Mobile to offer real plan improvements as they no longer have the best plans.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I understand that but this is labelled as an update to the $40 plan.  If it was a price increase PM would only have to post in the plan section and it would apply to all who are on that plan.  So if this is just an update to the plan they are already on why do they need to change plans to receive the extra data

Exactly this practice is what I was regularly subjected to at Rogers.... got trained to check their website at least monthly to make sure there wasn't a new 'version' of my same plan at the same price that didn't include more features, etc. Snooze you lose.

Need Help? Let's chat.