cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Public Mobile

$40 Plan Update

Hey Community,

Starting November 10, 2020, we are adding 500MB of data to our current $40 for 4GB plan, turning it into the $40 for 4.5GB plan!

New Plan Details:

• $40 per 30 days
  • 4.5GB data at 3G speeds (per 30 days)
  • Plus, get 500MB BONUS data and $2 off when you sign up for auto-pay (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

How to get this offer: 

1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5GB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: $40 Plan Update

Nice finally matching Lucky 😀

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

It is a good intiative by PM to give consumers more data.

Highlighted
Oracle

Nice to see the data decrease on the $40 plan being rolled back.  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@will13am wrote:

Nice to see the data decrease on the $40 plan being rolled back.  

What??????

Highlighted
Oracle

@Catherine_T, it is great to see that this is going back to the plan.  My question is why do customers have to go in and change plan isn't PM able to just change this for the customer?  There are many customers that don't come into the community and will not know about this and will miss out on this. (Or is that part of the plan?)

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 

A very valid suggestion, indeed. 

Highlighted
Oracle

Has anyone on limited promos with $off for x months changed plans and kept the discount? 

from what I remember changing plans will cause the discounts be removed from account.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T That's a good and useful improvement. Thanks!😊

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

PM “could” actually have access to 2 emails of every customer. One from your My Account and one from your Community Account. There is no guarantee that a Community Account holder is a customer though. Also if you sign up to receive notifications by email....that never happens. Like many others I have my personal preferences and don’t have any combination of Twitter, Instagram or Facebook. But I do have an RSS feed (Feedly) that pulls in the Community Announcements.

To keep it all within the confines of PM I am thinking, to request PM to notify all PM customers on $40 plan of the change, likely by email as per the My Account, is going to cost time, systems, payroll and the $40 plan customers need to be filtered out.  I  can agree that PM has a good Community board as the source of ALL information and help. It should perhaps be stressed more loudly that this is the format and to learn to use it and live with the fact of how it is done here! We are all here for the quality and savings. Every time you ask for more and they cave in....expect less promptness ........expect less freebies......expect less improvement to  plans.......OR expect to accept higher costs.  And in the climate today for  demands for lower costs and competitiveness amongst mobile operators the general population won’t accept higher costs. 

But perhaps what what could happen is, the activation and setting up your account piece could actually also, upon completion, send you a text from the Community. Once My Account is set up....text a link to new customer to join the Community and advise why and why to use same email address and why your username should not be personalized. Then have EVERY Community start up automatically with a minimum set up of being emailed of any new post in the Announcements. Notifications of changes ARE here right now with a little work, with little to no maintenance by PM. Then leave it up to the new subscribers to customize the use of the Community to their liking. 

Need Help? Let's chat.