cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service down

Kanthan1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why can’t I make calls to my work? And my family? What’s wrong? 

49 REPLIES 49

nigelmootilal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Friend 😛 try giving them a call

@darlicious wrote:

@woodymaguire 

Also for anyone interested Rogers has had a nationwide system issue affecting calling and texting. Wait times for customer service on the phone are 3+ hours.....

Good luck. Why would anybody call??? What CSR can tell them except 'yeah, we know, we are working on it, stop calling'...

Wait time is worst than when calling government agency. At least Rog Internet is not down...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

Wait times for their customer service on the phone are 3+ hours.....

Fixed it for ya. 🙂

@woodymaguire 

Your sim card needed reprovisioning this can often be accomplished by using lost/stolen but the side effect of doing it yourself rather than a moderator means you will still have to contact to have your rewards applied after renewal. Be prepared to argue the fact as I had to twice now with a senior moderator.....Use this thread for reference if you have any trouble getting them applied.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Autopay-reward-Do-not-use-lost-stolen-trick-I...

Also for anyone interested Rogers has had a nationwide system issue affecting calling and texting. Wait times for customer service on the phone are 3+ hours.....

woodymaguire

@Anonymous 

Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely keep an eye out for that! And thanks solving my tech issues!!

SabrinaGalactic

The add on minutes will not cause that! Once you run out of your plan and you have extra minutes already bought, it automatically switches to those extra minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodymaguire : Watch for all those rewards not getting applied on your next renewal. On the 4th if they don't happen you'll need to contact the moderators to get them applied. It's a known bug.

woodymaguire

@SabrinaGalactic 

I think you're right. My coworkers phone went out for a minute too, but his just started working again without issues.

SabrinaGalactic

@woodymaguire I’m also in BC (on van island) maybe something weird happened to the signals here or something. 

woodymaguire

@Anonymous 

I did them both pretty close together so its a bit hard to know as it definitely took a couple minutes for it to start working again. My theory would be that the suspend phone trick is what solved it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodymaguire : Which idea did it?

SabrinaGalactic

Thanks @Anonymous it seems the toggling airplane mode did work for me. 

woodymaguire

@Anonymous 

Just did. Worked like a charm. Thanks!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodymaguire : Nice work on the referrals. Are you on the original $15 plan, the quickly updated $15 plan, the provincial $15 plan or back to the updated $15 plan?

Either way...you do indeed have plenty of minutes.

How'd you make out with adding the dollar or Suspend/Resume?

woodymaguire

@Anonymous 

Originally I thought maybe it had to do with the 15 dollar plan and PM not recognizing my add-ons, but I can't receive calls either. And the 15 dollar plan has unlimited incoming calls.

@Iamjack19 wrote:

I am taking about PM in winnipeg. On and off. And most of the time is off. The first time I experienced. 

@Iamjack19  maybe you are affected by PM reduced coverage in  Manitoba ??

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Text-From-PM-About-Changes-To-Mani...

woodymaguire

@Anonymous 

Sorry, didn't realize that it was better to start a separate thread. Here's the screen shot.

woodymaguire_0-1618853735738.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodymaguire : It's rather long because 3 other people tacked in to an existing thread.

Maybe post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

woodymaguire

@hairbag1 

I did use all the minutes in my plan about two weeks ago. But I always do and have never had this issue before. I did in fact check my account and have about 3000 minutes available in add-ons. I did mention this in a previous post but this is a rather long thread at this point.

@woodymaguire wrote:

Any more advice out there. No incoming calls, no outgoing calls. Text works fine. So does data. I have lots of purchased minutes available on my plan. My coworker standing next to me is on a PM sim and his works fine. I've reset phone, toggled airplane on and off, removed/reinserted the sim. Still nothing.

@CS_Agent  

You say you have lotsa minutes available...but sure sounds like you've run out. Are you on the $15 plan ? Double check your account to see if you haven't run out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodymaguire : Any chance the phone is on DND? You could try manually adding a dollar into your account and restarting. You could also try suspending your account under Lost/stolen and then Resume it after a few minutes and then restart the phone. Other than that, I guess you need the moderators as you tagged. If they come running, then they'll say to submit a ticket or private message anyway so do that yourself now if you like.

woodymaguire

Any more advice out there. No incoming calls, no outgoing calls. Text works fine. So does data. I have lots of purchased minutes available on my plan. My coworker standing next to me is on a PM sim and his works fine. I've reset phone, toggled airplane on and off, removed/reinserted the sim. Still nothing.

@CS_Agent  

woodymaguire

@Anonymous 

My area is not down. My coworker standing next to me has a PM sim working fine. My work phone is on telus and it works fine too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodymaguire : I had asked that of the other user in this messy thread.

woodymaguire

@Anonymous  I'm running a Pixel 5 purchased from Telus. I'm in BC. No notifications about network changes here..

woodymaguire

Airplane mode trick didn't work for me. I also tried restarting my phone an removing and reinserting my sim.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SabrinaGalactic : Wifi is not related to cell service. Mobile data and texts and calls are. Maybe flip in and out of airplane mode to see if that gets anything back.

woodymaguire

Do you have unlimited minutes on your plan?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Iamjack19 : Did you not get a notice about network changes in Winnipeg? What make/model/submodel phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.