cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing providers, can i get a refund for unused service

Ggardner
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have just activated my freedom mobile account. I thought I would be able to switch before the start of my billing period (today) but unfortunately public billed me early this morning. I dont want to waste a whole month of service, is it possible for public to refund me for this latest charge?

4 REPLIES 4

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I appreciate the two Oracles here have stated no refunds will happen but...  I have to say it... Public Mobile CS Agents are no longer predictable. We've seen folks ask for refunds knowing Public Mobile's policy and end up getting them. We've seen plans only meant for new customers only are given to existing customers...  once again...  it never hurts to ask. 

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1713998647413.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Since you won't get a refund, @Ggardner , perhaps find out if Freedom might be prepared to hold the service for at least 25 days to utilize the Public Mobile cycle.

Then MAKE SURE to port the number to Freedom before the cycle end date.

@Ggardner wrote:

I have just activated my freedom mobile account. I thought I would be able to switch before the start of my billing period (today) but unfortunately public billed me early this morning. I dont want to waste a whole month of service, is it possible for public to refund me for this latest charge?

Sorry, bu tthere won't be any refund.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ggardner 

PM is a prepaid provider and won't provide refund for early cancellation from porting 

Need Help? Let's chat.