cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to access my son's account to change the credit card number

Tina7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My husband set up my son's cellphone using an email address he has since lost access to. Now our son is charging top ups to his phone and we can not get help with logging in to be able to remove our card number. There is no customer service for us to contact. Please help.

2 REPLIES 2

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Only the account holders can access the account to change or update credit information.  If you knew the email address and password,   you could get into the account online yourself. Even if there was a phone number, legally you are not the owner of the account, so they wouldn't assist you anyway.

Canceling the credit card might not fix the issue either. I have personally seen charges transfer to the new account number.  And the bank will tell you to call services to let them know that the card number changed although public mobile is not considered pre-authorized merchant. It all depends on how pm charges each month.

Best advise is to tell him to contact them to remove your card # from his account. Will your credit card be expiring soon? That could also be your saving grace.

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That is a dilemma. Cancelling the credit card might be your only option.

Need Help? Let's chat.