cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beginner’s Guide to the Community

Vivian90
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having difficulties receiving text and incoming calls. 

I have taken my sim card out and turned off my phone.

8 REPLIES 8

@Vivian90 wrote:

I had my phone set up over a month ago. It has been working perfectly until yesterday.

Stopped all incoming calls and receiving texts.  I checked my account and they charged my month fee to my visa already.  

@Vivian90  you had your phone plan for over a month....

If you have no services, and it is past your renewal, maybe your autopay failed?

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount (through SELF SERVE or by calling 611 if you have a card registered)
  2. Method through Self-Serve account: Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  4. Reboot

Try topping up your account in your SELF SERVE or by calling 611 to your plan amount. If still no service (still saying suspended) go into the lost/stolen feature in your SELF SERVE account and hit "Resume".

Reboot your phone. All okay now?

Ensure this is not an issue:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

@Vivian90 

Is your account status active or suspended?  

If everything was working for the last month, it likely is not a porting issue.  Maybe your plan did not renew properly.  Check your payment history.  Sometime autopay does not work properly.  

@Vivian90 wrote:

I had my phone set up over a month ago. It has been working perfectly until yesterday.

Stopped all incoming calls and receiving texts.  I checked my account and they charged my month fee to my visa already.  

Hi @Vivian90 it seems that your port failed.  Check the envelope icon on top right... I sent your the number to call regarding porting problems.

RosieR

Vivian90

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Vivian90 

I assume you are porting number from old provder.

did you reply YES to an SMS from your old provider.  If so, the port should be coming and it will be just another hour or two.  Like what you are doing, just keep rebooting your phone every 15 mins.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

@Vivian90 Did you recently port your phone number over to PM ?  It can take several hours for the port to be completed.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Vivian90 wrote:

I am having difficulties receiving text and incoming calls. 

I have taken my sim card out and turned off my phone.

@Vivian90 

Are you new to Public Mobile having had just activated and/or porting a number from another provider?

You may just have to reboot, restart, remove/replace SIM, and reset network connections.   Try this once every 20 minutes or so.   Things should fire up.

Please refer to the following article which may provide guidance:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

madigan

did you just sign up for Public mobile? It took 30min or so before I could receive calls and texts even if I was able to make calls.

Need Help? Let's chat.