cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danvankampen87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Phone doesnt have Talk in the plan abruptly

I've been on the $120/3 month cycle with unlimited talk, text and 12gb of data plan.  As of today my plan shows "Expired" where the unlimited talk option is meant to go.  I have a great legacy plan I dont intend to change through self serve.  Why did my plan abruptly change to drop the most critical element of a phone?

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Re: Phone doesnt have Talk in the plan abruptly

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

View solution in original post

All Replies
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@danvankampen87 : Are your services still working? Maybe post a screenshot so we can all see what you see. Blank out personal info of course.

danvankampen87

Capture.PNG

Its weird. Autopay is set up, credit card is valid, the payment is every three months but it was pulled out two months ago so its not a billing issue.  Not sure what "Expired" means in the list of plan details.  I am still having success with the data, getting emails etc.  I just cant make phonecalls as it just plays a public mobile message saying talk isnt part of my plan and to add it to my services.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@danvankampen87...

is your plan features still working ? Try the talk/text/data to see if all is well.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

View solution in original post

danvankampen87

@hairbag1  No the plan is not working.  Talk is not active in my plan but SMS/Data is working. So it seems to be isolated to my talk element of the plan being broken.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@danvankampen87 : And yet you have the provincial component. This place seemed to have poorly rolled out a change to their plans by bringing back the old provincial calling. Although that was a couple weeks ago or so now and you're just now having the problem. Not sure what the Expired indicator means here though. You have all your components. Do you remember if it ever said anything else in there? Or has this been inserted?

Try a 1 in front of your dialing. Make sure you're dialing a number that belongs to the province you're physically in.

danvankampen87

@z10user4 

I am trying to dial a 1-866 number.  Trying to reach bank of montreal for an urgent message... I presume these sorts of numbers are acceptable, I called the exact same number yesterday without issue.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@danvankampen87 : If you have some urgency then a workaround is to buy the $5 500 minute add-on. But no guarantees. Another try is to deposit the $5 in anticipation of that purchase and restart the phone. If still no go then buy the add-on. See if the call can then go through.

The last try would be using the lost/stolen function to suspend your account and then resume it after logging out and back in. Then restart the phone.

Even just trying airplane mode might do something.

None of this is guaranteed. You probably would need to contact the moderators as instructed earlier.

mobilekoala
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Your best bet is to purchase an add on quickly so you can make the call

Need Help? Let's chat.