cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points is increasing my costs by $50. Why don't I have option to continue with Public rewards

Dee1234
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The article mentions 'enhanced' public points but didn't mention that financially it will be less beneficial and and will increase costs for many loyal customers. For example, I earn $2 for autopsy and $4 for loyalty per 30 days currently. Whereas , I will just earn nothing for auto pay and instead if earning $48 in 12 months , I will just get 10 points worth $10. All this means that I will lose $53 in a year. Which is ridiculous. How is it 'enhanced' program ? Why don't I have the option to continue with current rewards?

11 REPLIES 11

Soon-ex-PM-user
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

correct.  Down the road Pubic Mobile can also changes so that 1 point is no longer worth $1.

@makkahn28 wrote:

If Plan was $150, That 5% would be 7.5, Meaning $7.50 equivalent 

This is probably an approximate loss of rewards over a full year.

If Plan was $150, That 5% would be 7.5, Meaning $7.50 equivalent 

That would depend on What Plan and Cost?

If $150, Only Way to get that equivalent 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

You'll also earn 5% of your spend back in points, but no that won't make up for the $6/month loss.

SlimJimmy

Be warned, this is the beginning of slowly eliminating the rewards points all together. 

SlimJimmy

I will lose a $7.00 per month discount and receive nothing close. I never recieved an e mail from public mobile at all to let me know these changes were being made and I won't even get to use this free data bundle they have sent out. This is unacceptable behavior and it's a pathetic cash grab to screw over the loyal members to this service provider. Quite frankly it is scammer tactics.   

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Dee1234 

unfortunately many of us are on the same boat?  We don't like it, most of us loss $7 /cycle.  But we doubt PM will change the mind

Dee1234

@hairbag1 thank you. The cost of living crisis is really hitting everyone and then many companies portray that they are helping customers by providing 'enhanced' program when all they are doing is just helping their profits. I wish that enough community members voice their opinion so that customers have the option to choose which rewards program they want to stay with.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Dee1234  We are all being moved to points because the CEO at PM doesn’t make enough and can barely survive because of our discounts 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Dee1234 

we all feel your pain....

change.png

Need Help? Let's chat.