cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyal customer, but unable to get deals that newcomers can get

StevenTyler498
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been a loyal Public Mobile customer for many years and currently have a $25/month plan with 1GB of data. Public is offering a $24/month plan with 4GB of data to new comers and won’t allow current loyal customers to change their plan. I’d be willing to switch my phone company for a company that allows their loyal customers a chance at a better plan deal. I think it is only fair for me to give Public the opportunity to keep a loyal customer. Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

@StevenTyler498 Yeah, PM seems to have shifted their strategy in the past 6 months or so. They don't seem interested in pushing the sub $35 plans anymore. Most people on these high data bucket plans don't use 90% of their allotment anyway, but it gives them peace of mind and helps the telecoms increase ARPU, which is all they care about. It doesn't cost them anything to give you 50GB vs 1GB (the infrastructure is already there, and there is lots of capacity). It's not about price per GB, it's about what features and data allotments they need to give us to get us to spend more.

@StevenTyler498  We are just customers like you trying to help . It’s marketing decision and I’d venture to say it’s to entice those that don’t need the extra data to up their monthly spend 

StevenTyler498

There is a 1 GB plan and a 50GB plan, why is there nothing in the middle? 4 GB would be perfect

@StevenTyler498 So you're actually paying $18 for 1GB ($25-$7) vs a new customer paying $22 for 4GB ($24 - 5% - $0.80 loyalty). The new customer is still paying more.

@StevenTyler498  Then I’d keep that account and not ever let go of it . Better plan will come and you can change then and still enjoy the $7!discount every 30 days 

StevenTyler498

I get $7 off every month with everything

@StevenTyler498 You have a pretty old plan, are you sure you don't have loyalty discounts as well as auto pay discount? Auto pay alone is $2/month off; then $1 for every year of loyalty, assuming you're on the old rewards system (which I suspect you are). How long have you been with PM?

StevenTyler498

I think $2/month. But my same plan is available at Freedom for $19/month

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@StevenTyler498 I'm curious how much in loyalty discounts you receive every 30 days (auto pay, loyalty, referrals)?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Promos are most time for new customers ONLY.

If you do not have any significant rewards, you can open new account and let existing expire (after 90 days of no pay it will be deleted).

That is correct.

So me being a customer for many years will not cancel my account, nor will I create a new one to get the offer.

So when we stay or create new plans to get around it, the businesses are not learning a lesson to their bottom line.

So this cycle will continue until the government comes in a make a legislation for them to treat new customers and existing customers the same. And I highly doubt the government can legally do that.

So nothing will change. 

But it's our own personal choices what we do and we should not feel bad or justify.

PMHehe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@StevenTyler498 unless more and more loyalty customers change habits and take action to change, business owners will not treat loyalty group as 'God' as new customers. until business owners realize transfer costs more resources and overload their capacity, something maybe changed in the future for loyalty customers.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I think today being the 27 day, there most likely not be any new "spectacular" promotions for us oldies. Not holding my breath. 

My own personal opinion. 

Carolccc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I hope too. I have used $25/1gb plan for a couple years. Just changed to $29/10gb last month. But actually 4gb is enough for me. But I keep checking the available best plan for existing customer is still $39 and $40 during boxing week.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately,  there is no loyalty anymore on the business side.  I doubt switching companies will help either as you have to start fresh to get to get loyalty level. 

But I hear what you are saying. Most of us on here fall into that loyalty category too.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@StevenTyler498  Yes unfortunately the 4GB for $24 is only for new activations only not for loyal existing customers . Can only hope and pray it will became available to existing customers down the road . Just keep an eye on the website or check on the community for the latest 

Need Help? Let's chat.