cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a community account be closed?

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

(1)Can a community account be closed? 
(2)If yes what would be the consequences other than the helping others reward.

NOTE:

Why was this simple question moved to the lounge? From what I gather from responses community accounts can not be closed --------But my key question re consequences has not been answered. As mentioned I do realize that if one doesn't participate in the community then obviously would not benefit from "helping others" rewards. It's not difficult to change one's community email to an alias email and then deleting that email however I wonder if by doing so would one no longer be eligible for PM gifts of free bonus data and voice minutes.

34 REPLIES 34

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

While this is a pointless post, here is what you can do. 

Make up a password that you won't possibly remember. 

And change password on your community account.

Get a new gmail address

Change your community account email address to the new one. 

Change gmail password to one that you won't possibly remember. 

Delete the gmail address. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @BEER no you cannot

but i saw some people  will instead do this

1. remove all brovos they already given out

2. go back to all posts and remove the content 

but I don't think you will do them as we why would nice  people do remove bravos.  Why would people remove nice  posts which are supposed to be there to help others with similar issue.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Never thought of it...but why would you wanna close your community account ? . If you just need to take a break from PM community...just step away for awhile and come back when you want.

You've been a big help to alot of customers for some time now...be a shame to lose your in-sight.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

This is a good question!

I did not find option to close it meaning you would have to contact agent to do that for you.

As for Community rewards, I suggest to wait until 6-8th of the month so previous month rewards are added to your PM account and then close Community account.

I guess you would forfeit your Community rewards if you close Comm account before rewords are added to your PM account but then again agent will be able to confirm that.

Need Help? Let's chat.