cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Reward

Oliviamolloy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How does the community reward work? Is there a certain number of questions or replies you need to have for it to work? 

14 REPLIES 14

Oliviamolloy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for all the tips. Publics community is completely different to many other network support I've had before so it's great to get tips and info on how it works from people using it.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@darliciousI totally agree being thrifty is way different than cheap,  I had figured it was a simple typo in your original post when you put $0.4 instead of $0.04.  Yeah, it is pennies per hour for your time here if you can even make that much.  The saying is that you can probably make more money returning cans for refunds than in rewards here and if you are here for the money than you are here for the wrong reason.  Most that are here are ones that like to help others and the rewards are a nice little bonus.

@ShawnC13  Edit applied. Thx

@darliciousI totally agree being thrifty is way different than cheap,  I had figured it was a simple typo in your original post when you put $0.4 instead of $0.04.  Yeah, it is pennies per hour for your time here if you can even make that much.  The saying is that you can probably make more money returning cans for refunds than in rewards here and if you are here for the money than you are here for the wrong reason.  Most that are here are ones that like to help others and the rewards are a nice little bonus.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hey @Oliviamolloy,

There is an algorithm to calculate the rewards, based on both accepted solutions and bravos. You may want to check out our general reward rules HERE .

Hope you enjoy the community!

Oana 🙂

@CS_Agent  thanks for the extra info for @Oliviamolloy . Since you were following the thread perhaps you can look into where my reward from last month disappeared to from my transaction history when you applied this months? I'll send a tkt or pm if necessary.....thx @darlicious 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @Oliviamolloy,

There is an algorithm to calculate the rewards, based on both accepted solutions and bravos. You may want to check out our general reward rules HERE .

Hope you enjoy the community!

Oana 🙂

@ShawnC13  Lol you actually made me get the calculator out to double check my math to make sure I was correct and not completely overcalculating my hourly pay. As a bc resident yourself and I one who lives in Vancouver (proper) saving money any way I can to afford a decent standard of living is essential. Trying to save towards my elderly years has been a challenge as well as just the circumstances of life (by age 47 I had been widowed twice...w/o life insurance and fyi there is little or no cpp for younger widows/ers.) To top things off a physical disability prevents me from working more than 12-20 hours a week. So despite being very good at my job and being compensated appropriately I am limited in the amount I can earn. So that's why I am very good at finding ways to save money....thus public mobile. I also inherited the saving money gene from my dad...its a little sad really. To be noted...thrifty is very different from being cheap and I am generous to fault it has co$t me at times. Ah but it's just money....life is so much more important.

Edit: Made me check again...$0.04 × 750 =$30 p/h a lawyer or psychiatrist I am not.

@darlicious wrote:

@Oliviamolloy wrote:

How does the community reward work? Is there a certain number of questions or replies you need to have for it to work? 

@Oliviamolloy  Everyone has given great insight into how the community reward is applied. The biggest reward is helping others and gaining knowledge to help yourself self manage your account so you only need to ask the community for the less common issues you may face and in turn the moderators for problems only they are able to fix or correct. Daily participation is ideal....logging on to read and respond to daily posts or read the help a or knowledge pages. Use the search bar to look up questions you might have and how they relate or have been solved for others in the past. All of this will build your knowledge so you will be able help answer other users questions. Of course don't forget to bravo! Don't do it for the monetary reward....ive been a little absent for the last couple of days because I've had to put in some extra hours at my real job. My "pay" per hour for community work is approximately $0.4 p/hr my real job pays about 750x that per hour.

Great explanation above and $0.4/hr is actually a lot higher than most others earning rewards so that is pretty good.  My question is though if your real job pays 750 times that which is $300/hr why you with a budget phone company earning rewards lol.  I am sure you meant to say that you get $0.04 /hr but if it wasn't an error my first question stands do you need the rewards lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Oliviamolloy wrote:

@Oliviamolloy  Everyone has given great insight into how the community reward is applied. The biggest reward is helping others and gaining knowledge to help yourself self manage your account so you only need to ask the community for the less common issues you may face and in turn the moderators for problems only they are able to fix or correct. Daily participation is ideal....logging on to read and respond to daily posts or read the help a or knowledge pages. Use the search bar to look up questions you might have and how they relate or have been solved for others in the past. All of this will build your knowledge so you will be able help answer other users questions. Of course don't forget to bravo! Don't do it for the monetary reward....ive been a little absent for the last couple of days because I've had to put in some extra hours at my real job. My "pay" per hour for community work is approximately $0.4 p/hr my real job pays about 750x that per hour.

Edit: $0.04 thanks @ShawnC13 for pointing that out. $300 p/h don't 99.95% of us wish!

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just come here and help customers in need.  It's easy but can be time consuming.  Don't treat it like a job though.  The hourly pay is awful.  But you do get to learn about this service.  

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There is no special shortcut to get rewarded for contributing to the community forum, the only thing I can recommend is login daily and answer at least one question.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is based on your participation in the forum by providing posts and solutions to topics.  Here is more info.  Spend some reading over past post and solutions an d you may become elogible for a reward.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/the-community-reward

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When you see a topic you have experience with, or an idea on how to solve, feel free to post a comment. Also, give bravos to comments you like.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Oliviamolloy 

The exact formula for community rewards is "secret."  It is a combination of posts, bravos received, solutions received, time spent, etc.

To earn the lower rewards, it is easier.  To gain the higher rewards, might need to spend many hours helping others and might not be worth your time if you calculate the hourly wage.  Many people joke that you will get more money collecting cans/bottles on the street than the community rewards here.  

Need Help? Let's chat.