cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quebec New Sign Ups-2gigs for $28-Starts Today!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

For a limited time - no end date set yet. QUEBEC only. (Or use a QC area code)

Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

Details from @computergeek541  posted on RedFlagDeals.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-public-mobile-unlimited-calls-texts-2gb-28-w-autopay-q...

++++++++++++++++++++--;

Details:

Public Mobile (Quebec)
Starts April 28, 2020 (limited time, no end date set yet)
Online only

The current $35 plan will be discounted by $5 and an additional 500MB bonus will be applied for customers in Quebec.
This makes the plan:
Unlimited Canada-wide calling, Unlimted text messages, and 1GB+ 500MB (promotional bonus) + 500MB (autopay bonus)
Additional $2 discount for subscribing to Autopay bringing the price down to $28+taxes/30 days.

Conditions:
- regional Quebec pricing only
-new account activations, activated online only
-discount and additional data will be applied automatically

The $5 off the $35 plan is in Quebec only (new accounts, online activation).

The 500MB additional promotional data on the $35 plan is available nation-wide (new accounts, online activation).

The promotion is offered on the activation website. You just select the $35 plan and the price will show as $30 with an additional 500MB mentioned during the payment step if you are in Quebec. If you're not in Quebec, only the additional 500MB shows (but not the $5 off).

36 REPLIES 36

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jkvann wrote:

@dabr @computergeek541 

Hi 🙂 thanks for your replies to my earlier posts. 

After discussing with one of the moderators, they were able to switch me to that plan 😛 

Great to see PM values their current clients as much as their new ones! 🙂 Very much appreciated 😊 thank you!

@jkvann   Hey that's great to hear!  😊

jkvann
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@dabr @computergeek541 

Hi 🙂 thanks for your replies to my earlier posts. 

After discussing with one of the moderators, they were able to switch me to that plan 😛 

Great to see PM values their current clients as much as their new ones! 🙂 Very much appreciated 😊 thank you!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jkvann wrote:

@dabr 

@_@ really? that's great. Thanks for sharing the news! 

However, I just checked to change my plan. I live in Québec and have a Québec phone number, but the option of the 2.5G for 28$ doesn't appear in the drop-down menu to change plan.

Is there a special promotion code that I need to use? or is there another place where I should look to select it? or is it a glitch in the system (and if so, how can I ask for it to be corrected in my account?)

Thank you so much! Very appreciated 🙂

@jkvann   Yes it looks like it might be available only for new activations as suggested by @computergeek541   Although it's a little confusing to me because the Quebec Plans page only shows the one $28 (really $30) plan in addition to all the regular plans available for ROC.  I also notice that the Quebec side has the $50 ($48) plan with 9.5 GB data and that doesn't even have the promo/sale stamp on it unlike the $28 sale plan. 

Do you get the option of 2GB for $30 from the drop down menu though?  That is also time limited so it might be a good idea to schedule a change to that before it's taken off, unless you've already done that.

@jkvann wrote:

However, I just checked to change my plan. I live in Québec and have a Québec phone number, but the option of the 2.5G for 28$ doesn't appear in the drop-down menu to change plan.

It's for new customers only.

jkvann

@dabr 

@_@ really? that's great. Thanks for sharing the news! 

Is there a special promotion code that I need to use? or is there another place where I should look to select it? or is it a glitch in the system (and if so, how can I ask for it to be corrected in my account?)

Thank you so much! Very appreciated 🙂

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jkvann wrote:

Hi,

any news if this plan is available to current customers? I'm surprised they would only do this offer to attract new customers and not make it available to old customers who want to upgrade... they are losing a big potential in increased sales 😛

@jkvann   Yes this plan is available right now for everyone, actually Quebec is offering 2.5GB for $28 (Quebec only), but the 2GB for $28 ($30 less $2 autopay discount) is available by logging into your self serve account and selecting change plans.  Just remember to select change at next renewal and not change immediately as PM doesn't offer proration/refunds of unused features of your current plan.

Existing customers can always choose to change to any standard PM plan on their next billing cycle.

No special promo bonuses. Indeed, some customers may lose special promo bonuses they already enjoy because of conditions attached in their promo details..

Existing customers do get low prices along with all the usual Rewards. And gifts, from time to time. A lot more than any other operator provides their existing customers.

Unfortunately,  most PM plan promotions are targeted towards new customers.

jkvann

Hi,

any news if this plan is available to current customers? I'm surprised they would only do this offer to attract new customers and not make it available to old customers who want to upgrade... they are losing a big potential in increased sales 😛

@Nezgar  Its $5 cheaper in Quebec. $30/2gb

Maybe they've changed the wording, but I see no mention about Quebec specifically on the details of the plan. It's highlighted even on the Ontario and Saskatchewan plans pages, so it appears applicable nationwide...

Ie: 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/sk/plans/35for1GB-3Gspeed

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I can't take advantage of this unless existing accounts have access to the deal.  I am sure many out there would not want to risk loyalty and referral rewards.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

@popping Choose quebec as your region and the plan shows at $30 for 2gb on the plans page.

Thanks

@Benmoyes wrote:

I’m in Ontario and want this plan.. what address would be best to use? Thnx

@Benmoyes  Just pick a temporary Quebec number during activation then port in your number or change the number via selfserve.

@Benmoyes 

I left you detailed activation instructions in your private message box. The envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen. You could purchase vouchers in Ontario to still pay 13% tax and pay for your account that way and just have a card on your account for the $2 autopay reward.

@popping Choose quebec as your region and the plan shows at $30 for 2gb on the plans page.

@Benmoyes wrote:

@Benmoyes   I don't think the address matters, but you would probably need to activate a new account with a Quebec number and that number will be subject to Quebec's HST rate which is  of 2% higher than Ontario.  But you would still be saving with the $5 discount on that plan.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Jb456 The promotion actually started several hours ago. The promotion is in plain view at activate.publicmobile.ca and eligible new customers can already take advantage of this.

Found it.  Thanks

I don't see the $30 2GB plan at activate.publicmobile.ca front page.

Do you mean that I have to go through the activation first page to the plan selection page before seeing this $30 2GB plan for Qc?

If yes, ATM, I don't have new PM SIM card to go that deep in the activation process.

Benmoyes

@BearFBI wrote:

@Naepalm wrote:

@darlicious there is. a 2G plan for anyone.

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 9.45.03 AM.png

 At this point I have only used under 100mb, So it doesn't make sense to me but this is great for those that might be pushing past there 1G on the 25.00 plan. Instead of the 15.00 1G add on you get 1G for ten dollars.

I think Public Mobile is listening to their customers and trying to come up with some good ideas. 

@Naepalm The 2GB plan would be perfect for me but not for that price. The price for a plan like that should be 30$. But I am not in Quebec and its only for new signups. Does anyone know if it is permanent 30$ ? does it go back to 35$?

@BearFBI  As long as you stay with that plan you will keep the promo price.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

For new customers that port in a quebec phone number or choose a temporary number the $5 discount remains as long as you don't change your plan.Screenshot_20200428-095434.png

@Lemony_Snicket Don't worry. Sooner or later existing customers will get something.

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jb456 , nice find!  Too bad there's no love for existing customers yet again!

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Naepalm wrote:

 At this point I have only used under 100mb, So it doesn't make sense to me but this is great for those that might be pushing past there 1G on the 25.00 plan. Instead of the 15.00 1G add on you get 1G for ten dollars.

I think Public Mobile is listening to their customers and trying to come up with some good ideas. 

@Naepalm The 2GB plan would be perfect for me but not for that price. The price for a plan like that should be 30$. But I am not in Quebec and its only for new signups. Does anyone know if it is permanent 30$ ? does it go back to 35$?

@mpcdesign Cest vrais! 😛

pipes_0

deleted

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for sharing. This is PM's direct response to another QC provider that's been offering 2 GB Canada-wide plan for $32.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zblackma Is right. PM might be rolling this out slowly so its not as overwhelming on their systems. In a couple of weeks we might see this plan spread to other regions.

@Jb456 The promotion actually started several hours ago. The promotion is in plain view at activate.publicmobile.ca and eligible new customers can already take advantage of this.

Need Help? Let's chat.