cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls and voicemail

Bvanpoor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have had my plan for over a month and while I’m generally satisfied, some people have reported not being able to call my number (672 area code). I’ve also just tried to check my voicemail for the first time and I have the same problem - it just says ‘call failed’. 
What’s the problem here? Why can’t I call my own number?? 

EDIT: Like an idiot, it turns out I hadn't set up my password. 

However, I still can't get incoming calls from some callers - they seem to all be on land-lines. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Dial ##004# to ensure all conditional call forwards are reset to your default voicemail deposit numbers, and see if that helps with calls to you.

Here is a list of all currently known local voicemail access numbers:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

What message do callers to your number hear when they can't get through? It's possible if you have a "newer" area code, that some landline providers don't recognize the new number as "reachable" in their databases yet.

Can you share your area code and prefix?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Bvanpoor  did you try from another phone or by pressing 1 down? Try dialing a 1 in front of your number if its from another phone.  Welcome to the community.  Stay safe. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Bvanpoor , how are you calling your voicemail?  One way is to call your own number.  The other is local area code + 5804001.  BTW, what plan are you using?  Calling your voicemail is a billable time and so if you are on the limited usage plan, you will not be able to call voicemail when you run out of minutes.  As for why some people cannot call you, that is an issue with the other carrier.  

Need Help? Let's chat.