cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a reccuring plan - not just 30 days

MSellar90
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm looking to:
"Set up a recurring pre-authorized debit of at least $50 with the first pre-authorized debit posted before February 1, 2021.2"
I get a free 300 dollars from my bank if I achieve this. The only plans I can see are 30 days. Help please

Side question. My current plan allows data. I turn on my roaming data, but I can't use it at all. No indication of 3/4G working at all. Being on a mountain right now. I could really do with some data so I can be less bored running chairlifts

Thanks in advance x

14 REPLIES 14

@mimmo I'm not 100% sure. I think I remember having them in my bank payment list

*just googled it

Auto-pay is the easy, convenient way to top up your chatr account with preauthorized monthly payments.

thanks! I would hate to have suggested the customer to go to a different carrier only to find out they cant qualify through them. I still think it's a good idea for them to contact chatr and ensure they can use them to qualify for the bonus $300 through their bank

@srlawren 

Thank you for your explanation.

@MSellar90 

In order to achieve reoccurring payments you would need a postpaid service. Do you not pay any other bills on a monthly basis? Gas, hydro, water bill? What about netflix? Amazon prime?

What is the make and model of your phone? Keep roaming off....there is no roaming while in Canada with public mobile. As mentioned you probably need to set your APN to get data.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gpixel  chatr is also prepaid  are you sure pre-authorized payments can be setup like the user wants?  From what I remember they are similar to our auto-pay.

I would imagine Koodo virgin fido plus main tiers are where one would need to go to accomplish this. Ie get the 300$ offer from the bank.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JK8 wrote:

@MSellar90 wrote:

Is it not possible to Set up a recurring pre-authorized debit?

You can set up autopay in self service that will take money out every 30 days.

@JK8 while these are similar concepts that accomplish the same thing (making sure your plan renews automatically without any action on your part and your service continues), they are definitely different things.  @MSellar90 is looking to set it up the other way in order to take advantage of a promotion being offered by their financial institution, which would not work using Public Mobile's Autopay feature.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@MSellar90 There's no PAD at Public. Does your bank use visa debit. That can  be used to pay from bank account but it's set in Public's self serve account. Does data work elsewhere?

@MSellar90 wrote:

This is a prepaid service.  There is no obligation for any customer to renew the next plan cycle.  With that, it is not possible to set up any kind of pre-authorized payment.  The best you can do is to enable autopay which is not the same as pre-authorized debit.  

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@MSellar90 if you want to stay with a company with similar prices. chatr is monthly payments

@MSellar90 wrote:

You can set up autopay in self service that will take money out every 30 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MSellar90 : Public Mobile is not a recurring bill payment merchant. I think this is due to not being a fixed due date every month.

As for data, you'll need to set the proper APN settings in your phone and turn on data.

Or try switching your networks to just 3G/WCDMA/UMTS/HSDPA. Maybe keeping it on LTE as the first choice doesn't let it connect to data. Not sure.

MSellar90

@MSellar90 wrote:

In that case, I might have to consider leaving PM and moving onto somewhere else. Is that relatively easy regarding sim card/hone number etc.?

To port your number out you will need to have your account active and the account number is available in your self service account in the top right hand corner. 

MSellar90

In that case, I might have to consider leaving PM and moving onto somewhere else. Is that relatively easy regarding sim card/hone number etc.?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@MSellar90 

All current plans listed on the PM site are 30 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.