How to unlock this phone

Crazycatwoman38
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I get this phone unlocked? I want to use a different carrier 

5 REPLIES 5

@Anonymous wrote:

@Crazycatwoman38 wrote:

Yea I think so .it says current carrier is pm 

PM doesn't lock phones. If you brought the phone from Telus or Koodo pre-2017 then maybe it's still locked to either of them which would work with PM but not others. In which case you would ask PM.

If you know someone from another provider, stick their SIM in and see if it works. If it does then it's not locked. Samsung might re-lock to the next inserted SIM ie. yours when you brought it here. Apple...dunno. They're in their own world.

I haven't heard of cases of Samsung phones relocking. Some models (not all) do lock to the carrier of the first SIM card inserted.  What I have read about is some Samsung phones performing a factory reset automatically on the user without warning. That's not supposed to happen, but some software bug in them causes this (the automatic factory reset on those models when inserting a SIM card is only suppsoed to happen for the first SIM card ever put into the device).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crazycatwoman38 wrote:

PM doesn't lock phones. If you brought the phone from Telus or Koodo pre-2017 then maybe it's still locked to either of them which would work with PM but not others. In which case you would ask PM.

If you know someone from another provider, stick their SIM in and see if it works. If it does then it's not locked. Samsung might re-lock to the next inserted SIM ie. yours when you brought it here. Apple...dunno. They're in their own world.

@Crazycatwoman38 You can just start transferring process.

You also can contact mods (customer service of PM):

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Crazycatwoman38
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Crazycatwoman38 Do you mean your current phone is locked by PM?

Need Help? Let's chat.