Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: HOWTO: Purchasing Add-ons

@barriedennett wrote:

The idiots guide is brilliant

@barriedennett as a fellow idiot, I thank you for the kind words Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Not sure why I'm getting this?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@GlennK wrote:

Getting what? Understanding it? Notifications? Add-ons?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@GlennK wrote:

Getting what? Understanding it? Notifications? Add-ons?

@z10user4 think he means email notifications about the replies.

@GlennK if that's the case, you were auto-subscribed to this thread when you replied to it previously.  You will continue to get emails whenever someone replies.  You can unsubscribe from the thread if you don't want future emails about it.  To do that, while you're reading this, scroll to the top of the page and you should see a "Topic Options" button near the top.  Click it, and choose Unsubscribe.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This was super helpful thanks

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@slhudson23 wrote:

This was super helpful thanks

@slhudson23 glad to hear it!  cheers!

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the instructions, however I have a question. When making a purchase for the addon, when depositing money in your account, is the credit card purchase a "purchase" or is it a cash transaction? So your cc company does not charge you any fees right?

Thank you

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphinesse wrote:

Thanks for the instructions, however I have a question. When making a purchase for the addon, when depositing money in your account, is the credit card purchase a "purchase" or is it a cash transaction? So your cc company does not charge you any fees right?

Thank you

@Dolphinesse...Log into My Account / Make a Payment. You'll likely be using your valid creit card that's on your file. You should check with your cc provider to see what they charge for fees..that's not a Public Mobile thing.

Once there's enough $$ in your Available Funds for your desired add-on...now you go back and actually buy the add-on you want.

If you're buying the 10 Day US Roaming add-on, remember that your 10 days start from the minute you buy it. If you buy at 10pm...that's day 1. Then at midnight starts day 2....so plan your purchase wisely.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphinesse wrote:

Thank you

Not sure how you define the difference? Your credit card company defines what transaction type is incurring what kind of fee. 

My credit card company has always treated adding funds to my Public Mobile account as a purchase and not as a cash advance.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Dolphinesse wrote:

is the credit card purchase a "purchase" or is it a cash transaction?

My credit card company has always treated adding funds to my Public Mobile account as a purchase and not as a cash advance.

@Dolphinesse this info from @wetcoaster is correct, it's a purchase.  

@wetcoaster a cash transaction would be for example going to a bank machine and withdrawing cash from your credit card.  They are treated differently as interest is charged from the moment of withdrawl.