cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada Wide calling a scam?

AdamP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up for public's $10/month 50 minutes Canada wide calling. However it won't let me make a call to another province. Is there any way to get this resolved or should I cancel?

13 REPLIES 13

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@popping wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@AdamP are you convinced now there was no scam?  I'm not sure why so many people jump to thinking this service is a scam when something isn't working right.  LOL.

Expectation - People did not do a thorough research before joining PM.  They do not expect the "up to 48 hours delay" for moderator support.  There is no instant feedback with the private message system similar to online chat or phone call.  People get angry with the long wait.

The expectation will be different if people know about the "48 hours wait" before activation.

Yes you need to research PM, I agree on that point. But the 48 hour response time? That is really unacceptable. It has been at “48 hours” for so long now that people are starting to think that it is the norm. Even a system that would let you know how far down the que you are would help. I am a little afraid to make any changes to my account. They have to get this down to under 4 hours

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That is how they can keep the plans so affordable. I think your first contact is the hardest because of expectations. I had an issue during activation and submitted a request for support and was really concerned at the delay, but they contacted me this afternoon and are working on addressing my issue. I can wait as long as I know they will address it. Thanks to the community members who commented to reassure me that it would be addressed. I am feeling more confident with my decision to join PM.

Willaug56
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Even using chat or phone calls doesn't help with some providers 😂😂😎

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srlawren wrote:

@AdamP are you convinced now there was no scam?  I'm not sure why so many people jump to thinking this service is a scam when something isn't working right.  LOL.

Expectation - People did not do a thorough research before joining PM.  They do not expect the "up to 48 hours delay" for moderator support.  There is no instant feedback with the private message system similar to online chat or phone call.  People get angry with the long wait.

The expectation will be different if people know about the "48 hours wait" before activation.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

AdamP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the response, my account wasn't setup properly. The moderators have gotten back to me to resolve the technical issues.

VDubbin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

With or without Canada wide calling you’d be able to call other provinces. Double check the number/s you’re dialing and don’t forget the +1 before the area code. Hopefully it all works out!

@AdamP, seriously?  You've just signed up on a new plan, and you think it's a scam when you can't make a call?

How about telling us exactly what is happening, so that we can get you pointed in the right direction.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@AdamP, if all the feedback provided do not address your issue, then it could be an account provisioning problem where the area codes were not properly loaded into your account profile.  Moderator team assistance would be required to correct such a problem.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

It is quite the over reaction to call this situation a scam.  Nobody is trying to willfully deny the service. 

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you getting the message about Long Distance Charges may apply, and then you simply hang up?  This is normal, albeit a pain, and you will not be charged extra. 

But you do need to provide more details, so we can help better.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@AdamP wrote:

I just signed up for public's $10/month 50 minutes Canada wide calling. However it won't let me make a call to another province. Is there any way to get this resolved or should I cancel?

Are you putting a 1 in front of the numbers when you are dialing?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

When dialing the out of province call; make sure to dial 1 ahead of area code. Hope this helps.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@AdamP wrote:

Can you let us know what is working? Text in/out, calls in/out locally or province and data if you have it?

Need Help? Let's chat.