cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change

orahman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up for the $20 talk plan, I would like to switch over the $25 talk and text plan but it says that I will be charged the entire plan fee today if I switch immediately. Is there a way for me to switch to the new plan today and not get charged the entire $25.00 ? Please advise.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You may as well add enough funds now to make the jump. If they see you have enough funds they will just apply it vs contacting you back to add funds, then you contacting back saying funds added .....

If they do not grant your request, the little top up amount will just go towards next months payment.

orahman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I will contact the mods.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@orahman wrote:

I just signed up for the $20 talk plan, I would like to switch over the $25 talk and text plan but it says that I will be charged the entire plan fee today if I switch immediately. Is there a way for me to switch to the new plan today and not get charged the entire $25.00 ? Please advise.

Thanks

If you just signed up today I would message the mods (unfortunately 48 hour response time) and explain that you want to switch.  They MAY be able to help you out as your plan has just started.  Other than that you can live with this plan for the 30 days and do a future dated plan change as suggested already. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.
In your message please include:
    • PM Phone Number
    • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
      • account number
      • date of birth
      • complete address listed on account with postal code
      • email address on account
      • most commonly called numbers
      • alternate number listed on the account
      • last payment date and amount
      • last 4 digits of the credit card
    • Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@orahman wrote:

Thanks

What people are trying to say is "kind of".

You can pay today for a new plan, and your 30 days starts today.  But you will lose the money for the remaining portion of your $20 plan.

Or you can request the new plan to start when your $20 plan is finished.  Then you lose nothing but have no texts until the new plan starts.

A little limitation in the Public Mobile system.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@orahman wrote:

Thanks

You could future date the change, and have it switch over at your renewal.

This is pre-paid service, so if you pay for a plan, and now want to buy another the first one expires you will be charged, they have no problem with taking your money.

Depending on a few factors, and if you literally "just signed up" you could contact the mods to see if they could give you a deal. Just remember they do not have to help you and this creates extra work for them, so be nice.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You can switch today, but future date the new plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.