cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help on how to contact a Moderator

Derk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've waited close to 48 hours for my number to be ported over. I did get a notice from Bell that it has been cancelled ... so it must be somewhere!

Anyways, trying to follow the process to contact a moderator via messaging but unable to enter the "@moderator_team", whenever I type it into the address box and move to start typing the message the address dissapears.

What am I missing here?

Derk

22 REPLIES 22

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cellphoneuser wrote:

Hi,

I am a PM on and off user. I has gotten a SIM card twice already and I just ordered my third one as I plan to use it for the next three months.

First time I used my email to create my account online, the second time (a year later) I couldn't use my account as it was diabled so I created another account with another email address. This time, I dont want to create another account with another email.

Is there way you can unlock my accounts (ro at least one of theM) so I can use one of them?

Also, I just buoght my third SIM card, is there way to keep it if I use the service only 3 months out of year?

TIA

Once a SIM card is activated, it cannot be reused.  If you only use the service three months out of the year, the account/line will become disabled (and number lost) after 90 days.  

@cellphoneuser  a écrit :

Hi,

I am a PM on and off user. I has gotten a SIM card twice already and I just ordered my third one as I plan to use it for the next three months.

First time I used my email to create my account online, the second time (a year later) I couldn't use my account as it was diabled so I created another account with another email address. This time, I dont want to create another account with another email.

Is there way you can unlock my accounts (ro at least one of theM) so I can use one of them?

Also, I just buoght my third SIM card, is there way to keep it if I use the service only 3 months out of year?

TIA

For your first question you can ask the moderator but I don't think so...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain that you want to recover your email...and for your second question..the only way to keep your sim it's to let it active..before the 90 days..but it will cost you more than a sim card 10$...

cellphoneuser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

TIA

joannjules

Thank you, Joshua!  I did do a search before trying to contact a moderator but it's a good thing to point out.  People so often just don't take the time when in reality it sometimes takes *less* time to find a solution on your own rather than wait for someone to respond.  Thanks for pointing it out.   🙂

@joshuacardinal wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@joshuacardinal wrote:

@joannjules wrote:

Hello all!  I'm having problems getting in touch with a moderator as well.  Sent a DM to one (Steph) on Sunday and haven't heard back yet.  I have a payment due but can't make it until a moderator helps me with getting back into my account.  I haven't resent a msg since everyone says not to (and I understand why), but waiting four days seems a bit long.  Should I send another msg?  I kinda need my phone in a workable state, lol!   🙂

I sent a dm to two diff moderators and moderator team within the last 2 weeks and never got a response at all from any. It's crazy how long it takes

Do not address your Private messages to individual Moderators.  For service it should ALWAYS be addressed to Moderator_Team

I went to a store and they called Public Mobile and I talked to the lady on the phone and she specifically told me to look at the list of moderators and contact one.

Probably something that should be posted somewhere on the site so people know vs having to read through other peoples discussions and finding out the Moderator_Team is the right one to PM. Seems like half the discussions on this forum are about how to contact moderators 

@joshuacardinal

It's in the Knowledge Base: How to Get Help...

Part of the support system design here is that the community can (and will) help with a lot of technical problems, and often it's not necessary to contact a moderator.

There are some members in the community who use "contact the moderators" as standard reply even if your fellow community members or oracles can solve the problem (which most of the time has already been discussed several times before and a solution could often be found by doing a search...) And I agree with @Anonymous that the majority of threads would be non-existent if the password reset would be fixed properly.

Moderators are the only ones who can help with account problems though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joshuacardinal wrote:
Seems like half the discussions on this forum are about how to contact moderators 

We're all fellow customers. We can all help each other as much as we can. But when it comes to deeper technical issues or of course account/money issues then that needs the attention of the mods.

The worst one is the non-working automatic password reset. All. This. Time.

joshuacardinal

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@joshuacardinal wrote:

@joannjules wrote:

Hello all!  I'm having problems getting in touch with a moderator as well.  Sent a DM to one (Steph) on Sunday and haven't heard back yet.  I have a payment due but can't make it until a moderator helps me with getting back into my account.  I haven't resent a msg since everyone says not to (and I understand why), but waiting four days seems a bit long.  Should I send another msg?  I kinda need my phone in a workable state, lol!   🙂

I sent a dm to two diff moderators and moderator team within the last 2 weeks and never got a response at all from any. It's crazy how long it takes

Do not address your Private messages to individual Moderators.  For service it should ALWAYS be addressed to Moderator_Team

I went to a store and they called Public Mobile and I talked to the lady on the phone and she specifically told me to look at the list of moderators and contact one.

Probably something that should be posted somewhere on the site so people know vs having to read through other peoples discussions and finding out the Moderator_Team is the right one to PM. Seems like half the discussions on this forum are about how to contact moderators 

superbaby52

i  waited to  for someone to contact me too. so i went to  profile who contacted me.and there i saw she was online.hopeful you get a answer soon..

@Mike40999 wrote:

hi here is some info to contact moderator.

Here is the link explaining how to contact moderators (onle select one) https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder... (click any of the mods name then select send private message) When private messaging the mod (just select one) send them: 1) account email address 2) PM phone number 3) explanation of what is happening Just an FYI they are extremely busy right now with all problems that other people have had, but they will get to you!

Mike your link was bad it gave me a permanently deleted message.  As well we do not send customer service requestst o individual moderators.  All requests should be sent to Moderator_Team    https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

joannjules

Thank you, Shawn!  Have sent msg to all moderators and promise I won't send another.   Will be patient, I know how busy they can get.   🙂

@joshuacardinal wrote:

@joannjules wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Mike40999
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

hi there , this is better link.

Please help on how to contact a Moderator

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Recommendation:  do not send multiple message to moderators.  Each new message will put you further down the job list.  

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, account number and PIN code.

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@joshuacardinal wrote:

@joannjules wrote:

I don't have any immediate help, but I think best way in the future is to send one message to Moderator_Team (that way, it goes to all the moderators) - and then make sure you don't send any follow-up messages before they reply - apparently that sends you to the bottom of the queue.

Mike40999
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

hi here is some info to contact moderator.

Here is the link explaining how to contact moderators (onle select one) https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder... (click any of the mods name then select send private message) When private messaging the mod (just select one) send them: 1) account email address 2) PM phone number 3) explanation of what is happening Just an FYI they are extremely busy right now with all problems that other people have had, but they will get to you!

joshuacardinal

@joannjules wrote:

joannjules

Hi Mimmo_L, thank you so much for your response, and for tagging the moderators.  With dialling 611 the problem lies in my phone...the speaker is shot so I can't hear the prompts (dial one for....etc.)  Somebody else has suggested headphones but I haven't had a chance to go out and get a pair, in the meantime I'm getting really good at txting on a teensy little keyboards, lol.  Will send moderators another msg with the account number etc. in it, the first one didn't have that since I wasn't aware it was needed (d'oh!)   🙂

dna2016

@Derk, porting can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 1-2 days sometimes.  If a Moderator had done something then they would have reached out to you, I suspect there was just a bit of a delay in the switch.  Any time you message a MOD they will reach out to you, but depending how busy they are they can take up to 48 hours to 72 hours to contact you.  Glad to hear everything worked out for you. 

Derk

An update .... first thanks to those that replied to my query. I haven't heard back from a moderator as of yet, but my number did get ported over shortly after my post. I don't know if this was due to the normal processing time or if a moderator assisted.

thanks again!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@joannjuleshave you tried calling 611, you can make a payment through there with a voucher or if your cc is on file and you know your pin.

I would probaly message the mods again. they seem to be on a 24 hour reply time now i thiink.

Will tag them just incase as well. @CS_Agent  can you look into this its been four days since a message was sent.

joannjules

jp2

just click the link it will put the address in for you

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9 am to 9 pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9 am to 7:30 pm [Toronto Time]

• Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on how many messages in the queue, but can be up to 48 hours.

• There is no need to send multiple messages. In fact, each message you send will put you all the way to the back of the line.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Recommendation:  do not send multiple message to moderators.  Each new message will put you further down the job list.  

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, account number and PIN code.

Need Help? Let's chat.