cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I forgot my new telephone number

vern
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

28 REPLIES 28

I've seen a few iPhone-for-life Mac-for-life "tech savvy" teenagers who were utterly unable to figure out how to do the most basic things on Android or Windows machinery.

And, to be fair, I'm probably just as confused when trying to figure out the most basic operations on Apple iOS machinery.

And then there's all the weird softwares on flip-phones and other such devices ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Korth wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Is this a hoax post? Phone number is in multiple areas as is also in the settings in the phone itself. 

I've had phones which buried the number in truly obscure corners of settings.

Of course the phone number should be displayed in "About" and a few other obvious places. But sometimes it's not. Sometimes it's even deliberately obscured by "security" settings which haven't yet had a chance to be user-configured.

But really. One would have to go out of their way to turn off caller id. So just call someone and see the caller id. If it comes up private then you have to find that setting. In the meantime one could also just log in to the account and see the number there. I also call hoax.

It's not hard to forget the phone number if it was just activated but like you said, there are many ways to find it.  I think it's more strange when a member says that they don't remember the e-mail address for the account.

I'm certainly not arguing forgetting ones own number 🙂 Just being able to find it easily.

I think likely the email one happens when someone uses a throw-away address just to sign up. Only to discover "oh crap what email did I use?".

@Anonymous wrote:

@Korth wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Is this a hoax post? Phone number is in multiple areas as is also in the settings in the phone itself. 

Of course the phone number should be displayed in "About" and a few other obvious places. But sometimes it's not. Sometimes it's even deliberately obscured by "security" settings which haven't yet had a chance to be user-configured.

But really. One would have to go out of their way to turn off caller id. So just call someone and see the caller id. If it comes up private then you have to find that setting. In the meantime one could also just log in to the account and see the number there. I also call hoax.

It's not hard to forget the phone number if it was just activated but like you said, there are many ways to find it.  I think it's more strange when a member says that they don't remember the e-mail address for the account.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous We have seen numerous cases of people blindly posting personal details like full name, phone number, account number etc. Is it a stretch to think that someone like that could forget their own number and have no idea how to get it? You would like to say hoax but maybe not?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

use    "Forgot Your Password" link

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@vern 

So did you ever figure out your phone number? From your other post?

Post on this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/I-forgot-my-new-telephone-number/m-p/62152...

Also you activated at store. They don't make your self serve account you have to create one yourself. That is likely your problem and you can fix the issue yourself without having to contact moderators. (Well hopefully you can fix it yourself).

But you need to know the phone number. If you do go to link below to create a self serve account.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

As this is a duplicate post I will ask Oracle's to merge it with your other email thread. @ShawnC13 @@

Please merge with 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/I-forgot-my-new-telephone-number/m-p/62152...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you not find other answers to your very similar thread earlier? Or was this a different question? Click me

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@vern wrote:

when I try to sign into my account it says unable to verify e mail. It was the same e mail the store used to activate my account.on nov 23, 

@vern Did you try the "Forgot Your Password" link? If that doesn't get you in, you will need to contact a moderator at the link below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

vern

when I try to sign into my account it says unable to verify e mail. It was the same e mail the store used to activate my account.on nov 23, 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@vern 

Did you received a welcome email from PM after activation?

If not, there may be a typo of your email address, create a moderator support ticket for help using the Chat button at the bottom right corner of this page.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@vern 

Are you trying to log into self service and forgot your email/username? Contact a PM moderator.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

It may be different than your community email.

Can you locate the welcome message and check the to part of heading, maybe they're is a dot where it shouldn't be if you are using Gmail

Maybe you used different email

Even if you mistyped you should be able to login with the mistyped then ask mods to help you change it

If you go back to activation form you may still have it

Here is the link to mods https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

vern

Hi @Camera4617 

Indeed, some people completely expect others to do everything for them (including troubleshooting the problem).  From what I've seen here, there are plenty of members willing to go that extra mile - and that's very impressive.

There are some who legitimately may not even know how to begin to deal with their issue.  For them, I feel saying less, but being concise, may be better since the more they say, the more their issue may become clouded to those of us prepared to assist.

Point taken, though.

popping

@Camera4617 wrote:

I really 'love' when users put one line message without any additional info on the problem. What are trying to do, what have you tried so far etc..  Seen that so many times that I really wonder if they 'need help'. 

They are thinking that this is a text message line or an online chat line.

But they don't stay to get the answer or supply more info.  lol

BTW, @vern You are welcome to our community and learn how to make a full use of your PM service.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I really 'love' when users put one line message without any additional info on the problem. What are trying to do, what have you tried so far etc..  Seen that so many times that I really wonder if they 'need help'. 

@LurganIeUk 

But new member only signed up 45 min ago. Lots of new members do this as they're not used to the forums. Sometimes even post their question in a tag or spoiler.

I lean towards hoax.......a blank post.....just a subject to bait us. 

@LurganIeUk  I'd go with not necessarily a hoax. OP could have activated at a store (lost wtv paper if they even do give you a paper with the number), is not familiar with phones to find the number and now needs the number to create a self serve account.🤔

@LurganIeUk 

You took the words right out of my mouth....

@vern 

It should also be listed under your sim card in your settings on your phone or you can text yourself.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Phone someone...your caller ID will show. 

Clicking change plan will also show your number.

@vern  you received two answers faster than waiting on hold to speak to a CS agent at other providers. 😃

Welcome to Public Mobile !

popping

@vern 

Login to your self-serve account.

Your phone number will be on the "Plan and Add-ons" page.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@vern 

Check your About Phone section in your phone Settings.

Your phone information and number should be there.

EDIT:  If you don't happen to have your phone available, @popping covered the other option perfectly in post below.   Great teamwork!!! 

Need Help? Let's chat.