cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when I sent a text message after a few minutes I am told it was not delivered

dckcmbr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

when I sent a text message after a few minutes I am told it was not delivered, and for more options select yes, which I do and then select SMS and the message is delivered. How do I get text messages to be delivered instantly?

6 REPLIES 6

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think that this is a problem with iMessage  because sometimes my iCloud messages are delayed.  

@HALIMACS 

Not necessarily. I never turn my iMessage off. Although some times it says not delivered...but did. 

I try to use phone numbers only when texting vs using a email address to iMessage. I like to keep it consistent and let the phone decide how to send. From an iPhone a green phone number or green bubble means you are texting to an android or iPhone with iMessage off. And blue is an iMessage to another Apple product with iMessage on. But....I don’t use data when out and some times another Apple user with iMessage on can still text me and I will receive as a green bubble. It’s confusing for sure. And then you can set up an iPad, MacBook or iMac to text using your mobile plan. 

shorty1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

are u including the area code 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dckcmbr perhaps a weak network connection. 

Try restarting your phone or toggle into airplane mode and back again, then resend.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dckcmbr   are you on iPhone and sending iMessage or on Android sending RCS?  if you turn on Mobile Data, check if the "text" deliver immediately without error.  If so, you are not sending traditional SMS but you are sending iMessage/RCS

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@dckcmbr 

If you are using an iPhone and have iMessage disabled, turn off imessage.

Need Help? Let's chat.