cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming

cmerdler
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is the $15.00 US Roaming a per day charge or a single $15.00 fee for the entire 15 days?

14 REPLIES 14

@cmerdler wrote:

So the $15 add on lets me text CAD and US numbers, and talk to US numbers only?

HI @cmerdler   the $15 add on let you talk and text to BOTH Canada and US numbers

but Talk is using an older T-Mobile 2G network and it might not work great.  Text would be good as it uses the LTE network.  If talk is important, you might wand to use VoIP app instead.  Download something like TextNow and you can use  the app to call on Wifi or Mobile data (either roaming data or buy local data prepaid sim card)

@cmerdler 

The $15 US add on allows you to text and call numbers in the USA and Canada, while you are in the US.

And while $15 may appear too good to be true, although the data and texting component is OK, you might find calling problematic, depending on where you are, and whether your device can manually connect to the 2G Network given the shut down of the 3G Network in the US.

@cmerdler  Yes that’s correct 

edit @HALIMACS  is correct I meant the US roaming add ons are only for when you in the US 

cmerdler

So the $15 add on lets me text CAD and US numbers, and talk to US numbers only?

@cmerdler wrote:

With the add on, While Roaming in the US, will I be able to text Canadian and US phone numbers?

I do still have this holiday offer on my account as well: 

Holiday bonuses are for service while IN Canada only.

@cmerdler wrote:

Can I text US and Canadian phone numbers if I add the $15 roaming add on?

Yes, but from USA only. Add not is not for Canadian services.

@cmerdler  Yes to text when in the US but not call 

@cmerdler wrote:

With the add on, While Roaming in the US, will I be able to text Canadian and US phone numbers?

0.0%
2 GB
2GB one-time data bonus
2 GB left

1.8%
500 mins
500 one-time Int'l LD bonus
491 mins left

@cmerdler - those addons you have listed above (the xmas freebies) are for use while only in Canada.

Yes, with the appropriate Roaming addon you can text Canadian and USA numbers whilst in the USA.

cmerdler

0.0%
2 GB
2GB one-time data bonus
2 GB left

1.8%
500 mins
500 one-time Int'l LD bonus
491 mins left

@cmerdler  US roaming is only for calls made in the US while in the US not the other way around , but if you have the international long distance add on ie more is merrier give away you can call US and all plans are international text from Canada 

check add on 

Check add-ons /mins /Data

Handy1_0-1675090953597.png

For most up to date account info

@cmerdler  Hahahahha always be wary of things that seem to good to be true I get it , but this is in fact the case you get 15 days for $15 

cmerdler

Can I text US and Canadian phone numbers if I add the $15 roaming add on?

cmerdler

1 x $15 charge?? seems too good to be true!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@cmerdler  $15 for 15 days and it starts soon as it purchased so be sure to only purchase when you ready to head off for your trip 

Need Help? Let's chat.