cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voucher

timmy4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought 20$ voucher, will it expire with in 30days if I dont add it to my account??

16 REPLIES 16

hi @Chalupa_Batman then maybe that's why PM is not enforcing the policy, they just cannot set that expiry.. that line could be a legacy statement just no one update/remove it

But see, here's the hard part. In Canada, as of 2017 "Gift Cards" are exempt from expire dates. Under the Consumers Protection Act here in Canada, "Vouchers" are included from exemption of expire dates. Therefore, by law these should not expire. It seems Public Mobile has violated the CPA and can be reported to them as such and are required to change that statement or be fined. 

HI @Chalupa_Batman 

thanks for confirming

Since the note is added by PM, that means there is such policy and somehow just not being enforced.  For the benefit of customer, I think we should still tell them there is a 90 days expiry there, but they can take the risk themselves if they choose not to follow it

After talking to the manager there who's been there for over 25 years, he said this "statement" at the bottom was written by Public Mobile, not SDM. Sadly we'll never know because PM's TOS link is dead. Can't find a current TOS online. 

xmx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Won't expire, just like gift card

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Vouchers do not expire. Regardless of what the wording says on that ONE company voucher.

thanks @Chalupa_Batman 

Solution removed based on your information provided 

hi @Chalupa_Batman 

good to know

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

KennethJAdams_1-1695514793034.png

@Handy1 @softech @JRod @hTideGnow  You all say it doesn't expire however my receipt from SDM says differently. Sadly the TOS isn't available to confirm this. Yet again another issue with the site. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @timmy4 

vouchers don't expire. But why not just add it now?  Add it and put the fund in the account first

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @timmy4 

I purchased a $20 voucher from Shoppers Drug Mart recently myself because I wanted to purchase a US roaming addon. This is what it says on my receipt. 

The payment value is valid for 90 days, as long as your account is active. Subject to terms of service. Here's the worse part. The terms of service online aren't available. And what I did find was from 2015 and says nothing about vouchers.

timmy4

Thanks for the quick reply, very much appreciated.

timmy4

this was purchased in store canadian tire

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@timmy4 

There is no expiry date for the vouchers, but hang onto the receipt in case you have any troubles trying to add it to your account when you choose to do so. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@timmy4 

no worry. Vouchers have no expiry date

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@timmy4  No it won’t  expire you can add it in next month if you like instead 

Need Help? Let's chat.