Did you mean: 

trying to activate a SIM card and get error code 821 on payment with visa

alexsimgph
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

trying to activate a SIM card and get error code 821 on payment with visa

5 REPLIES 5

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Your SIM card will need provisioning to your incomplete account activation. Send a private message to customer support with "incomplete activation" in the subject line and explain in detail your issue. Once the CSA's set up correctly you will be able to finish your self serve account set up.

@alexsimgph wrote:

I tried twice and been charged twice on my visa.

I requested to keep my old number and used IMEI.

I tried the PM card but it seems I cannot make phone calls.

@alexsimgph   2 things you need to do

1. Call the porting team to confirm the porting status.  You can update them the missing information.  They might want you to give them your account number instead.  I sent you a message to your Community inbox, envelope icon on top right

2. Reboot your phone and check again what is showing on the phone status.  is it SIM Not Provisioned?  No SIM? or No Network?

If you cannot connect to the network at all, open a ticket with PM support with direct message ( You probably cannot use Chatbot as likely your My Account access is not probably setup at the moment) 

Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

alexsimgph
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried twice and been charged twice on my visa.

I requested to keep my old number and used IMEI.

I tried the PM card but it seems I cannot make phone calls.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@alexsimgph 

Sorry to hear this. Like my friend pointed out above, your activation may already have gone through. If you confirm that it hasn't, there's a few things you can try to get around this:

(1) Ensure you are using the correct billing address.

(2) Use a different browser

(3) Try a different card

Please let us know how it goes when you try these steps.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@alexsimgph   Please DO NOT try activating again

First check your credit card to confirm if PM already charged you,  your account might have partially activated

Did you request porting your number?  Did you put in IMEI number in the fields instead of account number?

Also, put your PM SIM and check if you can connect to PM network already and if you can make outgoing calls

(if you see PM has not charge you yet, still wait an hour or two and check your credit card once again before trying again.  Many got charged multiple times because they see 821 errors and activate a 2nd time not knowing PM charged already)

Need Help? Let's chat.