cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring my Public Mobile number to other provider

Saifuddin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am transferring my Public Mobile number to other provider. I have received SMS from Public Mobile and I have replied "Yes". But my number has not been transferred. It's been more than 5 hours. Can you pls release/transfer my number?

9 REPLIES 9

hi @kylewm no, i don't think it is case sensitive

@Saifuddin , call the new carrier and ask if they see the status.  Ask them to re-initiate the port if they have not got anything back from PM yet

kylewm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As far as I know, the response is case sensitive. Your response MUST include ONLY "YES" - in all capitals, no quotes, or anything before, after or in between.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Saifuddin  Did you literally reply Yes or was it YES?  I believe it has to be in all caps to work. Ask the new provider to try again and reply YES in capital letters to PM's text.

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This means the number is still with PM, you need to contact the other provider to re initiate another phone number transfer, try it again tomorrow 

Best thing you can do is create a ticket. Here is how.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1716081291156.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

Saifuddin

Service provider already requested twice; in 3 hours interval. Both times I have received SMS from Public Mobile and I replied "Yes". My new service provider advised me to contact Public Mobile and ask to release my number.

BTW, I restarted my phone. Even using separate phones. So, whenever I call, it goes to the PM SIM'ed phone 

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try to restart your phon.

Try to call you number from other phone to see which sim is working, if PM sim is still working, you may need to contact the other provider to re initiate another phone number transfer.

Saifuddin

Service provider already requested twice; in 3 hours interval. Both times I have received SMS from Public Mobile and I replied "Yes". My new service provider advised me to contact Public Mobile and ask to release my number.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Saifuddin 

You will have to contact the service provider you transferred to. Public Mobile is unable to assist you.

Need Help? Let's chat.