cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text messages

AdrienCGravelle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just recently both our andriod phones started receving some messages that don't download. We get a message saying tap to download. When we tap to download it starting cycling but nothing happens. It's happening on both phones so I presume Public mobile has changed something in the last few weeks.

Any suggestions. 

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@AdrienCGravelle - when finicky things go off with texting try:

• restarting your phone
  • uninstall and reinstall your message app
  • clear the message app cache
  • perform a reset of your android's network settings.

Chat Features require a wifi connections or data to send/receive texts.

• if you are using android and you use Chat Features, then I suggest you turn that off, as it requires wifi or data to send/receive texts.

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

AdrienCGravelle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your reply, what I can't figure out is why it was never issue for the past few years? 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It could be 2 things:

- You are getting spam and phishing SMS and it is NOT advisable to tap on provided link or download

- If you receive text from known to you people such message might indicate they are sending you MMS. In order to properly receive them you have to activate DATA. Set it to ON. It will not use your data allowance but has to be active in order to send/receive MMS.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AdrienCGravelle wrote:

Just recently both our andriod phones started receving some messages that don't download. We get a message saying tap to download. When we tap to download it starting cycling but nothing happens. It's happening on both phones so I presume Public mobile has changed something in the last few weeks.

Any suggestions. 

@AdrienCGravelle   Those are likely MMS or people who are sending you something from iPhone 

Try to turn on Mobile Data and see if you can download

If you still cannot download, it could be  the sender is an iPhone user and sent some specific contents or text that is can be read for iPhone only, like those special emoticon    You might want to talk to the sender and ask him to try sending you regular text again to text

Need Help? Let's chat.