cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card issue

victor_chiasson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Bought a NEW sim card and it is not working.

Tried several attempts but still no activation

20 REPLIES 20

JOEKIMO

Did you complete finish all the 4 steps of the activation? Or stuck at step 2 or 3? If you didn't complete all the steps then your SIM card maybe already in the system but not complete. Then you can issue a ticket let CSA help you to complete the rest of the steps.

@victor_chiasson wrote:

I'm trying to activate the account and getting an 821 error. Did all the steps when getting this error and still not working.

Why do I have 12 different people asking me questions and not just one?

@victor_chiasson  - were you successfully charged for the activation?

Insert your Public Mobile SIM card and see if you have any services.

Log into self serve ensure your account is active: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Or, call 611 from your Public Mobile SIM card, or call # 1-855-478-2542 from another line to check the status of your account.

Some troubleshooting to try :

*turn off your phone, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*perform a reset network settings on your device

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

If issues persist, submit a ticket with CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here, in the GET HELP articles:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

@victor_chiasson wrote:

You are not talking to PM employees here, just customers like yourself trying to help each other.

Usually 821 is missing/incorrect porting information. Your SIM card will need provisioning to your incomplete account activation. Send a private message to customer support with "incomplete activation" in the subject line and explain in detail your issue. Once the CSA sets it up correctly you will be able to finish your self serve account set up.

victor_chiasson

Thank you for the explanation, will contact the CS Agent.

@victor_chiasson wrote:

I'm trying to activate the account and getting an 821 error. Did all the steps when getting this error and still not working.

HI @victor_chiasson  12 people asking you questions because we are all customers like you.  This is an open forum and  we all try to help.  If you want PM Customer Support to help , you will need to properly open a support ticket (and you in case, you will need to do it as they are the only one who can help)

I see you are getting Error 821?  Please do not try more activation.  It is something to do with your porting request.  Please open a ticket with PM CS Agent.  

send a private message to the CS_Agent:https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This is a community of other customers trying to help other customers. Now we know your intentions.

victor_chiasson

@victor_chiasson   DO NOT TRY to activate again.  At the stage where you see Error 821, PM would have charged your credit card already.  Error 821 was due to the fact that Porting information was missing or wrong.  (Maybe it was expecting Account number for your old provider and you entered IMEI)

Please open a ticket with PM Support to look into it for further for you and arrange refund (as you likely have activated multiple times and PM charged you more than once)

Please open ticket via Direct message with PM Support here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

victor_chiasson

Error code 821

@dust2dust wrote:

Can you answer what you're trying to do? Start a new account? Apply your sim to your current account?

Agree

Definitely more information needed.  All we know was it is not working

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@victor_chiasson 

Use my link and instructions to contact customer support from my previous post and they will have you sorted out in no time at all.  it's quite common for SIM cards to not provision to the account on activation.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Can you answer what you're trying to do? Start a new account? Apply your sim to your current account?

HI @victor_chiasson   What error message did you get?  can you post a screenshot or copy us the message?

victor_chiasson

Still not working after doing the steps above!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Did you do this or just plugged in your new SIM card?

Meow_1-1649173825253.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@victor_chiasson 

If you are trying to activate your SIM card and you made it to the payment page and entered your payment card details please check to see if you were charged your plan amount. If no start your activation over but follow these instructions first.

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Open one tab only.
  4. Use secret/incognito mode.
  5. Firefox, chrome, safari or Microsoft edge work best.

Have a pen and paper ready to write down your email, password, 4 digit account pin #, security question and answer. Put this info in a safe and secure place accessible only to you for future reference.

Don't forget to enter your referral code for the $10 bonus referral credit and your promo code for 2gb of bonus recurring plan data on $25 and $35+ plans. These details are entered on the 4th page of the activation portal. Once you submit payment put the pm SIM card in your phone and reboot.

If yes try to test your SIM card in another phone to see if any of your pm services work? Either way if you have no working services on your pm sim card contact customer support. Put "sim card not provisioned correctly upon activation" in the subject line and leave a detailed message describing your issue.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within an hour.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You have to activate your SIM in order to work.

- Have a payment card ready, either a Canadian credit card or Visa debit

- Decide what email address you wish to use on the Activation Portal – each account has to have unique email

- Seek a referral code from a friend or relative who may have active PM service - this will save each of you money. You can ask for referral code here if you care to receive $10 sign up bonus. Person providing referral code will receive 1 point as long as you are PM’s customer.

- Start process of creating PM self-serving account and enter all relevant and required information

- Click activate at the top of this page

jazhackett

Hey there!

Did you transfer your old phone number? Or, did you get a new phone number for your Public Mobile account? If you transferred your old number, you have to make sure you successfully accept the transfer notification that would be sent to your OLD sim card, asking if you can transfer your current phone number to the NEW sim card. If you were able to get this far, there is also a phone number you can call to make sure you successfully made the transfer. xxxxxxxxxxxx. Make sure you explain your situation to them and they should be able to update you on the transfer status. If this was not the issue, make sure to click on the Chatbot in the bottom-right corner of the Public Mobile webpage and fill in a ticket number to be able to speak to a live agent via chat.

Link for chat: https://services.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en 

Let me know if this works. Hopefully, it does!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you trying to start a new account or are you replacing the sim on your current account?

Need Help? Let's chat.