cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roaming in EU

1z_zy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone, I had to travel outside of Canada and was surprised to find out that my public mobile number is not able to catch any network in roaming mode in EU, is there any way to resolve this issue as I'd love to see my OTP messages coming? in addons I saw only US roaming and no word about EU as a region, which makes me a bit worried as my trip should take a couple of months in total

11 REPLIES 11

Jluong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@1z_zy 

Also, look into Holafly...I used it in Europe this summer. No complaints.

1z_zy

thank you for the strategy proposal, I was thinking about something similar, I just did not know about the 90 days limit. I'll switch to 15 dollar plan in the next 45-60 days and will top up it to prevent deactivation. thank you for your support

@1z_zy 

just before you go away, disable Subscribed (Autopay). When your plan is suspended at next renewal...then you have 90 days to re-up your plan. As as long as you're back before the 90 days, you should be fine. You'll re-enabled Subscribed and then re-activate your plan.

@1z_zy wrote:

ooh, I see. I had to buy a local sim because of that, so I am half-way with the proposed solution:)

in terms of my mobile number - what should I do to keep the number active or its ok if I'll pause my payments for the duration of the trip till arrival back to CA?

btw, are there any plans to enable roaming in EU in the coming year or 2?

@1z_zy 

How long are you in Europe for? 

You can turn off pre-authorized payments.  Then with your next plan renewal, your account will be suspended.  If suspended more than 90 days, your account will be permanently closed. 

No immediate plans to offer any international country roaming.  Who knows what the future will hold. 

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@1z_zy 

If you pause your payments, once your plan fails to renew your account will enter a suspended state. It can be in this suspended state for 90 days before the account is closed. 

Depending on how long you are away you can pay the plan at day 85 to renew and start this process over if you are going to be out of country for an extended period. Also I doubt PM will ever expand to the EU any time soon unfortunately.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

PM does NOT provide ANY service outside of North America.

@1z_zy How long are you going for? If you have no funds preloaded to your account you can simply turn off your subscription. After your current cycle lapses you'll have 90 days to reactivate your subscription before your number and account get deactivated. If you're going for more than that it's best to reactivate around the 85 day mark so you don't risk losing your number. You can always reactivate on the cheapest $15 plan for 30 days, then repeat the cycle and go for another 90 days of unsubscribing.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @1z_zy 

sorry, no roaming service other than US

Use local prepaid data sim card or travel eSIM

1z_zy

ooh, I see. I had to buy a local sim because of that, so I am half-way with the proposed solution:)

in terms of my mobile number - what should I do to keep the number active or its ok if I'll pause my payments for the duration of the trip till arrival back to CA?

btw, are there any plans to enable roaming in EU in the coming year or 2?

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@1z_zy 

Unfortunately there is no way to resolve this as Public Mobile does not work outside of Canada and the US (with roaming add-on or Can/US plan)

You will have to purchase a local SIM card or use a travel eSIM service like Airalo or Nomad if you want service in the EU.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Sorry, Public Mobile doesn't offer roaming services outside of the US. Only option is a local prepaid sim or a travel esim from companies such as Ubigi or Airalo.

Need Help? Let's chat.