cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sevice problem

shemini
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been using public mobile for just over 2 months now.  But a bubble just popped up on my phone saying insert sim card to access network services and will not connect to service.  I've tried restarting my phone and taking out the sim and re inserting and nothing works...

7 REPLIES 7

@BKNS27 wrote:

@shemini 

That is strange, it sounds like your Samsung is not reading the SIM.

The problem with Samsung SIM tray is that it is made out of plastic and is very delicate and will crack. Make sure the tray is not cracked or you will have to get a new one.

I repaired mine with a toothpick an superglue and not to make a big glob or it will not close or to fit the SIM.

Repairing a SIM tray is rather dangerous.  If it ever gets caught inside the phone, you might not be able to ever extract it again.  I would shop for a replacement.  

@shemini 

That is strange, it sounds like your Samsung is not reading the SIM.

The problem with Samsung SIM tray is that it is made out of plastic and is very delicate and will crack. Make sure the tray is not cracked or you will have to get a new one.

I repaired mine with a toothpick an superglue and not to make a big glob or it will not close or to fit the SIM.

shemini

it worked for 2 months

shemini

samsung

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@shemini 

Is your account status active or suspended?

In your profile section, check the SIM card number.  Make sure the self service account SIM card actually matches your physical sIM card.  

How long have you had the phone?  Did you purchase second hand?  Wondering if it might be an issue with blacklisted phone.  

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Also, what kind of phone is it?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@shemini 

can you please try the Sim card in another device, if available?

… this will help determine whether it is a network or device issue

Need Help? Let's chat.