cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with certified preowned phone

Tommy6
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my iphone 7 suddenly zooms in and does not respond to touch. I have to shut it down and restart it before it can be used.

13 REPLIES 13

@Yummy 

Or a car with the "dealerships mechanic" check sheet. And a check sheet that is vague and would never stand up in a dispute. You know...we consumers are sooooo dumb 🙂

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

So much for pre inspected or refurbished products. My experience in working for a major retailer and personal experience let me establish a policy to never buy a pre inspected or refurbished product.  Often if there was a problem with it.....it is never found on a 15 minute bench inspection. A good second hand product is a better buy.  I would go for a refund and would also google the issue beforehand. 

Agree with you 110%. I tend Not to trust those who do 'inspection' and 'certification'.

Same as when you have to make a decision of buying a car after 10 minutes of 'test drive'.

HI @hTideGnow 

I have purchased numerous iPhones from Craigslist. Never been burned.  I like iPhones but would not pay full retail for a new one. BUT I have been burned a few times buying refurbished electronics at the retail level.  I have a process that perhaps has helped. I do numerous IMEI checks. And if seller won't supply it...I just move on. If I catch the seller stretching the truth....I move on. If seller wants to meet.....I move on. I only buy from the sellers address. I also google map the address....if a dump.....I might not go either. Last ones I bought from my Granddaughter and from a guy who was a local soccer coach. I knew he was a coach but he did not know that I knew and he only lived a few blocks away.  

Tommy6

Tried that the first time but the problem reoccurred. I suspect the screen as it has been unresponsive at times.

Thank you for the advice!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Tommy6 

As noted by @BeachNBeer for the zoom in and out setting but if your touch screen is not responding continuously then there is an issue with the screen or the screen connection. Do a hard reboot by holding on the volume down button and the power button at the same time.

If it still continues then the screen is starting to go. 

Go to Telus's Mobile Klinik to have it checked out.

HI @CountyDownIeUk   second hard from private sell?  Just find it scary to find a trusted seller.  Especially I see so many posted about blacklisted phones.  Some were blacklisted after a year , so even  I bought it now and can use it, it is still a chance a year later it got blacklisted.  That is the only thing I don't fell comfortable with 

Tommy6

Will keep this advice in mind. Thanks for the reply!

Tommy6

Some good ideas, thanks!

Tommy6

Tapping sounds like a good option which I will try.  The zoom feature is a keeper. Thank you!

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tommy6  Sounds like your zoom feature could be turned on which is causing the problem maybe 

If you can't access Settings because your Home screen icons are magnified, double tap with three fingers on the display to zoom out. To turn off Zoom, go to Settings > Accessibility > Zoom, then tap to turn Zoom off.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

So much for pre inspected or refurbished products. My experience in working for a major retailer and personal experience let me establish a policy to never buy a pre inspected or refurbished product.  Often if there was a problem with it.....it is never found on a 15 minute bench inspection. A good second hand product is a better buy.  I would go for a refund and would also google the issue beforehand. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Tommy6 

Does it happen a lot or just a one-off?

How long you had your iPhone?  If it is within 30 days, maybe return it first and buy a new one.  

Of course, if it is over 30 days, you can still open a ticket with PM support for it to check the phone again.

To  open a ticket with PM support, click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Start by typing "CPO phone" and pick the appropriate choice from there.  From example, 

Type CPO phone
Click Return or Exchange a certfied pre-owned phone
Click Contact Us
Click Click here to submit a ticket

you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Tommy6  

If you are not satisfied, you can return your purchase for an exchange or refund, with the original sales receipt, within 30 days from purchase date if bought online. Click link, for more information regarding our return policies.

warranty has you covered for any manufacturer defects for 1 year (excluding Physical / Liquid damage), starting from the date of purchase. For more information on conditions, and instructions to submit a warranty claim Click here

after 30-day If you are experiencing issues with your phone, and it no longer falls within the 1 year Certified Pre-Owned warranty period or physical / liquid damage is present, we recommend bringing your phone directly to one of Mobile Klinik’s established walk-in repair shops for quick..

Need Help? Let's chat.