Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

certified preowned phones

mdors
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

are these phones sold online unlocked?

9 REPLIES 9

Yeah, that makes sense. Well at least it's an option out there for what seem to be competitively price phones although Kijiji as treated me well when going the used phone route (knock on wood) 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

All phones after 2017.12.01 sold in Canada has to be unlocked so PM should sell you unlocked phone even if it is older one.

You do not have to be PM customer in order to buy a phone. It is completely separate account.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mdors 

Absolutely, all phones are sold unlocked since December 30, 2017. It is illegal for carriers to lock phones.

JL9: Since Nov. 5 2020.

@JL9 wrote:

How long has PM been doing phones. When I left the first time this was never a thing and if it is relatively new are they going to be expanding their options and going from just CPO to brand new phones as well or is it just going to be a handful of older CPO options for the foreseeable future? 

@JL9 I think it will only be CPO's as there is no contract involved at PM I don't see them selling new phones when flagships are well over $1000. They would have to sell them outright and not subsidized over a 2 year contract where the cost can be distributed out.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

JL9
Mayor / Maire

How long has PM been doing phones. When I left the first time this was never a thing and if it is relatively new are they going to be expanding their options and going from just CPO to brand new phones as well or is it just going to be a handful of older CPO options for the foreseeable future? 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, phones now must be unlocked when sold by carriers.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes. Retailers in Canada can't sell locked phones.

Need Help? Let's chat.