cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting issues

slixer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I registered with PM yesterday

I tried to port my number  its been over 24 hours. this was not a landline. Fido says my number was ported already. I canceled my service with them this morning before realizing my number hadn't ported yet. I can only receive calls from some cell phones and no text messages. I am expecting a very important call. please help. I also can't verify through MFA because I can't receive the text

5 REPLIES 5

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @slixer  if the line was ported, account should have been closed and you shouldn't need to close the account with Fido

If porting really not done, call Fido, ask them to reactivate the line first.  Then you can call PM porting them and they can re-initiate the porting request with Fido  I will message you the phone number.  Check Community inbox. 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Never, ever, ever cancel an account you intend to port the number out of. A successful port will automatically close the originating account with no further action required. If the port fails you risk losing the number. 

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As a part of the port process the provider you're coming from should cancel the account automatically; you shouldn't have to go and cancel the account so you'll know for next time.  I will send you the number of the port dept for PM and maybe they can shed some light on the status of your port.  I'm not sure if by you canceling the account will have affected it or not.  You're correct it shouldn't take over 24hrs to port a cell #.  Give the team a call and see what they have to say.

edit: I see @Handy1 has you covered, I won't bother sending you the number. 🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@slixer  first, you can make outgoing calls with PM sim?  

If you cannot make outgoing calls, it is NOT a porting issue, but a sim provisioining issue.  Please open ticket with support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

If you can make outgoing calls, yes, it is possible porting.  You need to call Fido back and reinstate the account.   Since they screwed up saying line was ported, they owed you that

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@slixer  Did you miss the 90 min window to reply YES to confirmation text ? Both lines need to be active to successfully port number . You will probably need to activate the Fido line again to port it , but there’s a number for live support they might be able to fix it for you and verbally approve the port will send you private message 

Need Help? Let's chat.