cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plans

sueonyeo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my plan was changed without my approval. can I get it changed back, please.

4 REPLIES 4

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

First, Public doesn't make changes to your account. 

Second, you manage your own account so nobody will be changing anything back for you. 

This is a do it yourself service so it's best that you use the community to learn about how things work at Public Mobile.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@sueonyeo 

That would not occur unless someone, other than you, uses the device or has access to the online portal.

Public Mobile has had a couple of campaigns whereby they send texts to device users promoting an upgrade of a plan. All the user has to do is reply "yes" to that text for the plan to be switched on the next renewal.

If the device is being used by a child, consider this a good teaching opportunity.

If this is what has occurred, you can ask Public Mobile to turn off all notification through texting, however it will also turn off any other notifications they may send by text which might be informative.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sueonyeo 

did you recently start your PM account ? You had to register a valid credit card or visa as part of the activation process. You have to manually disable Subscribed (autopay) if you don't want that feature. Log in to your account to disable Subscribed.

unscribe.jpg

You'll have manually pay at renewal with Subscibed disabled. If you no longer want an active PM account. make sure to disable Subscribed and message a CSA to remove your credit card info.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

What plan did your account change to/from?

Did you or someone with access to your phone receive a promotional text message to upgrade your plan? If someone replies YES, that would have done it.

Or does someone have access to your PM online account?

Need Help? Let's chat.