cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone not working correctly in USA

rmiron357
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Purchased 10 day plan for US, then came from BC to Oregon and am on AT&T. My Galaxy A5 seems to have lost all my notes, back up did not restore. Samsung says it's a carrier issue. Any ideas out there??

2 REPLIES 2

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Not having network connection or unable to connect cannot wipe out your phone unless you got some nasty virus or rouge app.

Sometimes backup is not properly done and could look like it saved your stuff but did not (even though file size looks promising, file could be empty or scrambled).

If you do not have 2 or 3 additional backups at home I guess you are out of luck regarding your notes.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@rmiron357   Have you tried T-Mobile and you might need to set it to 2G network mode on your phone?  Also you have roaming enabled?

Unfortunately, the roaming has not been working properly (some can get service, others not) since the US carriers decided to shut down their 3G networks.  If you're unable to use the roaming add-ons, then you'll need to submit a ticket to customer support and ask for a refund/credit.  Here's a link to the chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

edit:  Sorry, obviously I didn't read your question clearly.  So you were able to use the roaming add-on on your trip but are now having issues with your phone?  Anyway, ignore the above, maybe someone else will find it useful if their roaming isn't working.  

Need Help? Let's chat.