cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched plan and now nothing?

dt87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey all. 
I’ve been a customer for a while. I switched plans and the new one kicked in on Monday. As soon as it did, I haven’t been able to send/receive emails or access data - these services worked on Sunday. 
So far I have…

- reset my network settings 

- tried the sim in another phone 

- checked and confirmed my APN is correct 

I’m frustrated and concerned - I essentially have a paperweight when I’m not able to access wifi. 

14 REPLIES 14

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@dt87 wrote:

Of course! I opened another ticket and requested them to confirm my new plan was active. 
I was advised to shut my phone off while on their end they “reset” and double checked the provisions. I hope this helps 😊

Thank you very much for feedback. I am sure most guys here are happy you managed to resolve your issue (with our suggestions!).

dt87

Of course! I opened another ticket and requested them to confirm my new plan was active. 
I was advised to shut my phone off while on their end they “reset” and double checked the provisions. I hope this helps 😊

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dt87 wrote:

Sure enough - it wasn’t a problem on my end. Thanks for replies and suggestions everyone. It’s fixed.  

Great. 

Would you mind to tell us what fixed your no data issue so that other members can learn from it? 

dt87

Sure enough - it wasn’t a problem on my end. Thanks for replies and suggestions everyone. It’s fixed.  

@dust2dust wrote:

@softech- They said they tried in another phone. It's helpful to read the entire question. 🙂

He, he. It is easier to copy/paste 😋

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dt87 wrote:

Thanks. I was messaging with one over the course of about 4-5 hours last night. The one suggestion I haven’t tried is to get a new sim. It seems like it’s a plan issue. 

@dt87 

You did a thorough testing. 

1.  Did CSA reset your connection before asking you to get a new SIM?

If you are in Calgary, I can give a free new SIM card.  Private message me for pickup location if you live in Calgary.

2.  Did you switch to a 4G plan?

If yes, is your phone support LTE signal?

Make sure to restart your phone with any changes.

dt87

As the only thing that’s changed is my plan - I think I am inclined to agree. I’ve messaged and asked that it be clarified that the plan is activated. 

@dt87 so, a PM support suggested that?  Reply and ask them to reimburse the cost 🙂

But honest, it doesn't look like a sim issue.  Only reason it might work on a new sim card is that the sim/account will be re-provisioned and corrects the issue

dt87

Thanks. I was messaging with one over the course of about 4-5 hours last night. The one suggestion I haven’t tried is to get a new sim. It seems like it’s a plan issue. 

@softech- They said they tried in another phone. It's helpful to read the entire question. 🙂

@dt87 

you tried the service in another area?  not sure if it is  local neteork issie.

and try to change the Preferred network to 3G ONLY to see if it works

you might want to open ticket with PM support and have them check the account 

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@dt87 wrote:

Hey all. 
I’ve been a customer for a while. I switched plans and the new one kicked in on Monday. As soon as it did, I haven’t been able to send/receive emails or access data - these services worked on Sunday. 
So far I have…

- reset my network settings 

- tried the sim in another phone 

- checked and confirmed my APN is correct 

I’m frustrated and concerned - I essentially have a paperweight when I’m not able to access wifi. 
@dt87 

hi when you switched to the new plan it may not have set up properly you need to contact a customer service agent and get them to look into it for you

1. you can open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

2. alternatively you can private message them here                               

check your community envelope for a reply

dt87

I can make calls but that’s it. Same story if I switch phones. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dt87 voice working?

You tested your service in another area?

do you have another phone to test the sim?

Even you don't have another phone around, please try to reseat sim card 

Need Help? Let's chat.