cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment made but cannot make a call

pragya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan was due to autopay on January 10. But I made the payment today. The account balance shows the amount but I still cannot make call to any numbers and the message says that no long distance add-on is included.

Is it that the payment will be accepted only on Januray 10?

37 REPLIES 37

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Obviously, no plan minutes are remaining within the plan and long distance minutes need to be added. When plan renewal date arrives, then minutes will be replenished. A long distance add on must be purchased. 500 minutes for 5.00 is a great deal.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@pragya wrote:

My plan was due to autopay on January 10. But I made the payment today. The account balance shows the amount but I still cannot make call to any numbers and the message says that no long distance add-on is included.

You need to wait until 10th Jan or buy extra addon with minutes

@pragyaReboot your phone. If you have not run out of plan minutes or have unlimited calling and you are getting the you do not have a long distance calling minutes message wait for the message to finish and see if your call connects. Alternatively dial (1) before the number.

So you have added funds early but haven't done anything to determine what to use the added funds for.  You can't actually renew tgebplan you are on early without having the moderators donut for you. Assuming it is tge $10 or $15 plan just use $5 of the funds that you added to purchase the 500 minutes for $5 add on. Did you get the Christmas bonus free 400 minutes of international calling add on? If so, it should have kicked in to make outbound calls even if they are local calls or within Canada.

AE_Collector

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pragya  Look at your account online. It will show minutes used.  You will know what's happening then.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@pragya wrote:

No. It could likely be that you've run out of calling minutes if you're on a limited number of calls plan.Your plan will renew automatically on Jan 10 with autopay. At that time, you'll restart the plan calling minutes again.

As suggestsed by @NDesai ...you can get the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on right now. Those minutes won't expire at your renewal, but will roll over until you use them up...even if that takes several months as long as you have an active base plan.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@pragya Jan 10 is your renewal date so plan will renew then. Are you looking to renew it early? It might be easier to purchase the $5 add-on that includes 500 mins. It will remain on your account until fully use all 500 mins. 

EDIT: What plan are you on? Do you have unlimited talk included in your plan? What i said above will depend on what plan you have. 

Need Help? Let's chat.