cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment made but cannot make a call

pragya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan was due to autopay on January 10. But I made the payment today. The account balance shows the amount but I still cannot make call to any numbers and the message says that no long distance add-on is included.

Is it that the payment will be accepted only on Januray 10?

37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@DN1 

You're only option is to contact the moderators And ask for a credit because you were unaware of the need for you to hit the reactivate button within your account. Explain that you were blissfully unaware of the DIY service model and have just discovered the community and how public mobile actually works. They may have sympathy for your situation and give you the credit as you have been a customer for over a year and this was your first problem with your service when you forgot to pay for your renewal July 6th. I would suggest autopay for these situations it will save you $2.

I dunno. It would seem then with your keen eyes that his service would have stopped on Jul 6. It wasn't until the 23rd that money was put in. It seemed to have reactivated. But apparently just didn't work at his end.

I agree about the credit though. Or even just simply to reactivate and check and make sure all services are working normally.

I also agree about using autopay if only for the $2 reward plus his $1 loyalty (which hopefully hasn't been too shaken) which would bring his plan cost down to $12.

But really...a customer has to own some of this. If it's not working...y'gotta ask and push for resolution.

@DN1 

You're only option is to contact the moderators And ask for a credit because you were unaware of the need for you to hit the reactivate button within your account. Explain that you were blissfully unaware of the DIY service model and have just discovered the community and how public mobile actually works. They may have sympathy for your situation and give you the credit as you have been a customer for over a year and this was your first problem with your service when you forgot to pay for your renewal July 6th. I would suggest autopay for these situations it will save you $2.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

Yes I missed the autopay but therevwas no service renewal on July 6th only the loyalty reward so there must have been no service between then and July 23rd when the account was topped up and the system renewed service by debiting the account. And the same plan has been in place all along.

Oh you're right. Good eye. I skimmed over that Jun 6 Jul6 pairing. So it wasn't necessarily an immediate plan renewal. It was a reactivation. That then went all wrong.

@Anonymous 

Yes I missed the autopay but therevwas no service renewal on July 6th only the loyalty reward so there must have been no service between then and July 23rd when the account was topped up and the system renewed service by debiting the account. And the same plan has been in place all along.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

The OP provided their payment history earlier. They didn't have autopay set up for the last while. They agreed that they did an immediate plan change on Jul 23rd. Then the problem started.

@DN1 

Did your autopay fail on your renewal July 6th? Was your service suspended from then until you topped up and paid on Julyv23rd? At that time did you reactivate your service? Did it say "active" in your account? Did you reboot your phone? At that point you should have contacted the moderators....however did you contact them at any point after that and ask for help?

You can contact them now and explain your situation and they may offer a months credit since you did pay for your service and it did not activate as it should  but this would be a gesture of good will since pm can't fix your service if you dont tell them.

DN1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to upload it , it won't be long.

Thanks

@DN1  Can you post your usage history from July 23rd to August 22nd.?

DN1

Yes that's what happenned but it seems public mobile doesn't want to do the right thing.

This is a very bad experience.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. So you don't have autopay. You appear to have done an early renewal on Jul 23rd. On Aug 22nd it even gave you a loyalty reward. But it didn't renew because there was no money.

So yes...your entire problem was back on Jul 23rd when for some unknown reason your service didn't work after your early plan renewal. That is when much more should have been said. And with the moderators.

You still can. But it would seem hard to prove when you let the matter drop back then.

You could renew anytime of course. Or renew and transfer your number out. Or let it deactivate in another 2 months and it's all gone in a bad memory.

DN1

I am not willing to pay again. I make no sense to ask me to pay again while you never provide the service paid.

We're in Canada.

DN1

Reason why I am very very unsatisfied.

Transaction History

Date Transaction Type Credit (Payments) Debit (Charges) Balance
Aug 22, 2020Reward - Loyalty Recognition/Récompense - Reconnaissance de Fidélité$1.00 $1.00
Jul 23, 2020100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk/100 MINUTES d’appel au Canada $5.00$0.00
Jul 23, 202030-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$5.00
Jul 23, 2020Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$14.00 $15.00
Jul 6, 2020Reward - Loyalty Recognition/Récompense - Reconnaissance de Fidélité$1.00 $1.00
Jun 6, 2020100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk/100 MINUTES d’appel au Canada $5.00$0.00
Jun 6, 202030-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$5.00
Jun 6, 2020Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$15.00 $15.00
May 7, 2020100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk/100 MINUTES d’appel au Canada $5.00$0.00
May 7, 202030-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$5.00
May 7, 2020Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$15.00 $15.00
Apr 6, 2020100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk/100 MINUTES d’appel au Canada $5.00$0.00
Apr 6, 202030-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$5.00
Apr 6, 2020Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$15.00 $15.00

@DN1 I don't understand why you waited almost 1 month and 2 weeks to say something about the lack of service on your phone.  Public Mobile provided the service unless you the customer asks for help if there is a problem, they have no way of knowing this. You have to ask for help.

Essentially the money you paid is gone. To reactivate your service you have to pay again and reactivate it. Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DN1 wrote:

I paid but do not have service from July 23rd to August 23rd.

I'm astounded by your saying that you've had no service since Jul 23rd. Could you maybe post screen snips of your payment history and your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

Have you been dealing with the moderators here at all since then? Did you end up going to Chatr anyway? Did your payment card do the chargeback?

DN1

I paid but do not have service from July 23rd to August 23rd.

DN1

Since July 23rd I am waiting for your customer to activate my service or refund me my money.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DN1 wrote:

Thanks

The network reset is complete but I still can't make a call.

My payment was suppose to cover the period of July 23rd to August 23rd. Someone have to apply it .

I'm confused by the chronology. Did you have service up to Aug 23rd?

Then you need to pay again. It's well after Aug 23rd now. Likely autopay failed. Happens. Shouldn't.

See above for reactivation.

@DN1 if your service is suspended, then you may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

DN1

Thanks

The network reset is complete but I still can't make a call.

My payment was suppose to cover the period of July 23rd to August 23rd. Someone have to apply it .

Good afternoon @DN1  try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do. Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before

If this fails, and you were never able to make calls, your SIM didn't provision properly.  Contact the moderators and ask them to fix it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

DN1

Good afternoon,

It's an iphone 6s.

@DN1 what's the make and model of your phone? Thanks. 

TheTechGuy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have you tried going to Walmart? This is where I bought and activated my SIM card. They were able to give me any information I needed. This might help in your situation.

DN1

THE SAME xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I MADE PAYMENT SINCE JULY 23RD AND public don't even care. 

edited by computergeek541: edited language as per site rules

DN1

Very Very Horrible Customer Service.

Can you people imagine that I have paid my plan since July 23rd and can't still make a call .

Went to the mall many time but their stand is closed.

@AE_Collector wrote:

I didn't realize the moderators would donut but they must according to me! Can I trade my one year loyalty credit for the donut of the month club?

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  My money is on the cinnamon twist but it could be a jelly filled or a Boston cream. I just hope their not kruller about it.

I didn't realize the moderators would donut but they must according to me! Can I trade my one year loyalty credit for the donut of the month club?

AE_Collector

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pragya wrote:

My plan was due to autopay on January 10. But I made the payment today. The account balance shows the amount but I still cannot make call to any numbers and the message says that no long distance add-on is included.

Is it that the payment will be accepted only on Januray 10?

@pragya Yes that is correct. If you want to renew you plan early you need to submit a ticket to the moderator team and ask them to renew it early.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@CannonFodder wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

So you have added funds early but haven't done anything to determine what to use the added funds for.  You can't actually renew tgebplan you are on early without having the moderators donut for you. Assuming it is tge $10 or $15 plan just use $5 of the funds that you added to purchase the 500 minutes for $5 add on. Did you get the Christmas bonus free 400 minutes of international calling add on? If so, it should have kicked in to make outbound calls even if they are local calls or within Canada.

@darlicious  First it's the mint cheesecake, then the lemon cream puffs, and NOW @AE_Collector  is makin' delicious typos!!! 🤣 

@CannonFodder  Lol so he is...i hope they're Cartems donuts they are the best!

@AE_Collector wrote:

So you have added funds early but haven't done anything to determine what to use the added funds for.  You can't actually renew tgebplan you are on early without having the moderators donut for you. Assuming it is tge $10 or $15 plan just use $5 of the funds that you added to purchase the 500 minutes for $5 add on. Did you get the Christmas bonus free 400 minutes of international calling add on? If so, it should have kicked in to make outbound calls even if they are local calls or within Canada.

@darlicious  First it's the mint cheesecake, then the lemon cream puffs, and NOW @AE_Collector  is makin' delicious typos!!! 🤣 

Need Help? Let's chat.